• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outside IR35 rates coming down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outside IR35 rates coming down

I haven't really been keeping an eye on the market as I am in a role, but occasionally have a look and still get a daily email from Jobserve from a search I have done previously. I did a quick search today and whilst there weren't a lot of outside roles being advertised they were all paying ~20/25% less than inside roles. The search was for front end dev contracts within the last 24 hours as this was my last saved search and there.

The inside roles were paying the same as when I last looked properly (September / October last year), between £450 and £600 per day. Whilst the outside roles were paying £325 - £450 per day. I just wondered if this was an anomaly for the day, or if this was a general trend others were noticing. If it is a general trend I guess it is down to an over supply of contractors chasing outside gigs with end clients able to lower rates or agents are able to rinse contractors as they know someone will take the lower rate.

You also noticed contracting is currently imploding? Hardly a good time to be making comparisons.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Buyers market.

Comment

They're down now because people want to secure *something* early. Don't sweat it.
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
          They're down now because people want to secure *something* early. Don't sweat it.
          This.

Thousands of people leaving or about to leave private sector contracts voluntarily or otherwise due to the impending IR35 changes, the market is dead as a dodo so anyone offering a contract can pick & choose and cut their costs accordingly.

Within the year I think it'll all shake out, there'll be more clarity so the market will perk back up and rates should also come back up.

I hope

Comment

Just be happy you are seeing outside roles
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Supply and demand.

Pimp will know that they can sell their bods in on an outside gig for £100 a day less to those that have to travel so that they can still take advantage of expenses. If I could guarantee ten out of twelve months per year for 15 years of Inside IR35 contracting in Manchester city centre at a reasonable rate, I'd do it but life isn't as simple as that. I couldn't afford to take an Inside IR35 gig in London for what a local could. Minimum £86 return on the train, £10 round trip to the station and back, four nights at £50 in a basic hotel/B&B, London-priced food and drink, etc. IF client wants you there first thing on a Monday, add an extra night of hotel stay or ramp up travel to match peak ticket prices.
              Last edited by LondonManc; 26 February 2020, 11:30. Reason: Typo
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post
                This.

Thousands of people leaving or about to leave private sector contracts voluntarily or otherwise due to the impending IR35 changes, the market is dead as a dodo so anyone offering a contract can pick & choose and cut their costs accordingly.

Within the year I think it'll all shake out, there'll be more clarity so the market will perk back up and rates should also come back up.

I hope
                In a years time new visa rules enable anyone earning > £26K from anywhere in the world to come in

Why would employers hire people at £800 day when they can get 4 permies for that money

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                  In a years time new visa rules enable anyone earning > £26K from anywhere in the world to come in

Why would employers hire people at £800 day when they can get 4 permies for that money

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                  New to offshore work?
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                    Some clients prefer the quality and some clients prefer the quantity. The really smart ones are able to ascertain which projects/tasks fall into which category and can purchase/hire accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                    X