• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Qdos 42 questions - IR35 Assessment: Has anyone done it already?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qdos 42 questions - IR35 Assessment: Has anyone done it already?

My current contract and working practises are currently being assessed by Qdos to probe IR35. I have already completed the 42 Questions questionnaire 2 weeks ago and have not heard any update neither from Qods nor from my current client.

I wonder whether anyone on the forums have already been through this? What is the process like? What and who does that involve? What role do Qdos play in the decision making process?

Originally posted by rorybracker View Post
    My current contract and working practises are currently being assessed by Qdos to probe IR35. I have already completed the 42 Questions questionnaire 2 weeks ago and have not heard any update neither from Qods nor from my current client.

I wonder whether anyone on the forums have already been through this? What is the process like? What and who does that involve? What role do Qdos play in the decision making process?
    Why are you going through your current working conditions and practices when it won't be your responsibility in 6 weeks time? Is it conjunction with the client or is it to try and prepare yourself to educate your client?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Why are you going through your current working conditions and practices when it won't be your responsibility in 6 weeks time? Is it conjunction with the client or is it to try and prepare yourself to educate your client?
      I am going through this as my current client have engaged Qdos as a 3rd party to review the Working Practises of my current engagement (I am direct IT Contractor to my client with no agency in the middle).

Comment

I had to complete this same assessment with QDOS over xmas for my new public sector client for an early Jan gig start.

I was in a similar situation in that I had arranged the assignment direct but the client wanted to go through their managed services recruiter to keep an arms length relationship I guess.

The assessment was arranged through the agency and QDOS turned it around in 2-3 days from memory. The agency chased them up because the start date was approaching. In some cases they can turn it around quicker.

The delay may be at the client side though. Once QDOS complete the assessment, the findings are sent to the client hiring manager for final approval. I chased the client manager to do this and it was done by the next day.

Check with your client manager or agency, they should be able to tell you why there has been a delay.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Lots of scaremongering going on re this subject, in that whilst this is the client's responsibility (SDS) they can still u-turn their decision if HM come calling after their decision has been made and that the contractor can become liable for this....

My understanding was that if the client wants you to remain outside post April (assuming you're already performing outside self declared) then a written SDS from them was all that is required.

After reading this, it's now left me not trusting this and even more paranoid that nothing is concrete. I thought the whole point of the new rules were to put the onus on the end client.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
            I had to complete this same assessment with QDOS over xmas for my new public sector client for an early Jan gig start.

I was in a similar situation in that I had arranged the assignment direct but the client wanted to go through their managed services recruiter to keep an arms length relationship I guess.

The assessment was arranged through the agency and QDOS turned it around in 2-3 days from memory. The agency chased them up because the start date was approaching. In some cases they can turn it around quicker.

The delay may be at the client side though. Once QDOS complete the assessment, the findings are sent to the client hiring manager for final approval. I chased the client manager to do this and it was done by the next day.

Check with your client manager or agency, they should be able to tell you why there has been a delay.
            Did you have to pay?
            Speaking to a fellow contractor onsite at my current gig. His agency are asking him to do this. He isnt too clued up on IR35 so came to me for some questions. He also said the agency is saying he has to pay £86 to be covered under their insurance if found outside by QDOS.

I called bulltulip and told him to go back to agency to argue this...but just wondering if anyone else has heard of this.

Comment

Is this Samsung?

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
                Did you have to pay?
                Speaking to a fellow contractor onsite at my current gig. His agency are asking him to do this. He isnt too clued up on IR35 so came to me for some questions. He also said the agency is saying he has to pay £86 to be covered under their insurance if found outside by QDOS.

I called bulltulip and told him to go back to agency to argue this...but just wondering if anyone else has heard of this.
                I was requested to pay for mine. However, I chose not to dispute as to who should pay for this as ultimately I am directly interested to see the outcome as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by rorybracker View Post
                  I was requested to pay for mine. However, I chose not to dispute as to who should pay for this as ultimately I am directly interested to see the outcome as soon as possible.
                  Interesting.
                  And was the payment for the questionnaire or for the insurance if found outside?
                  And is the insurance different from the standard TLC35 that QDOS provide?

I honestly thought that it was the agent trying it on...I guess not.

Comment

If I had to pay £86 for insurance for a client to convince them to give me an outside determination, I think I'd probably find the money....

Comment

Working...
                    X