• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will more jobs be outsourced to India after Rishi Sunak is the Chancellor?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smilesmile View Post
    Will more jobs be outsourced to India after Rishi Sunak has been appointed as new new Chancellor?

Sunak was also a director of investment firm Catamaran Ventures owned by his father-in-law Indian businessman N. R. Narayana Murthy (Co-founder of Infosys)!

Nagavara Ramarao Narayana Murthy (born 20 August 1946) is an Indian billionaire businessman, and philanthropist. He is the co-founder of Infosys, and has been chairman, chief executive officer (CEO), president, and chief mentor, before retiring and taking the title chairman emeritus.[7][8][9]

N. R. Narayana Murthy - Wikipedia
    Yes, but the fact that it bothers you means you should be replaced. Indian people are no different from the guy at the other end of town who does networking and is a contractor. If you were worth a damn you wouldn't be worried.

i.e. Go permie you sack of tulip

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Dats racist.
      That's no more racist than someone voting Brexit...Or do I see double standards going on here?
      Last edited by skysies; 14 February 2020, 09:25.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Dats racist.
        Yep.

I'd be very curious to hear what the opinion of the brexiters bastards is about all these ministers and people in power with very exotic sounding names. I bet that would also be racist

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
          Yep.

I'd be very curious to hear what the opinion of the brexiters bastards is about all these ministers and people in power with very exotic sounding names. I bet that would also be racist
          Eh? half of these people with "exotic sounding names" ARE brexiteers.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
            IR35 is a successful lobbying project by large consultancies that didn't want to face millions of one man competitors who offer better services!
            Do you think that there is a [verifiable] connection between them and Dominic Cummings?
            If you or anybody else can prove there is such a connection, that would be superb ammunition for LCAG, BG and StopIR35 efforts?

#justSaying
            Last edited by rocktronAMP; 14 February 2020, 15:31.

Comment

I think there is definitely a conflict of interest here.
              if anyone thinks he will do anything to harm the interest of infosys and other big consultancies , they are deluded.

Comment

Just wondering that Given a scenario where most of us operate inside, wouldn't it result in lost VAT revenue, there by nullifying the additional tax collected?
                Last edited by BigDataPro; 14 February 2020, 15:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                  Yes, but the fact that it bothers you means you should be replaced. Indian people are no different from the guy at the other end of town who does networking and is a contractor. If you were worth a damn you wouldn't be worried.

i.e. Go permie you sack of tulip
                  They are just people who are subsidised by the government and big consultancies to come to the UK and undercut the native work force. That native work force includes of course 2nd, 3rd generation British Indians.

Nothing racist about it all, if they play fair then I would have no issue. It's very difficult to maintain a Western lifestyle when competing with all of planet earth for jobs, a point you should understand instead of schilling for big business to create more competition for you.

If you think you can compete on "quality", good luck with that.
                  Last edited by PlanB; 14 February 2020, 15:15.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                    They are just people who are subsidised by the government and big consultancies to come to the UK and undercut the native work force. That native work force includes of course 2nd, 3rd generation British Indians.

Nothing racist about it all, if they play fair then I would have no issue. It's very difficult to maintain a Western lifestyle when competing with all of planet earth for jobs, a point you should understand instead of schilling for big business to create more competition for you.

If you think you can compete on "quality", good luck with that.
                    Absolutely. You can not compete with someone who is willing to work for 30-40k salary. its a race to the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                      Absolutely. You can not compete with someone who is willing to work for 30-40k salary. its a race to the bottom.
                      You can live just fine on 30-40K outside of the South East and a few other hotspots, but securing a role when competition just multiplied by x1000 could prove trickier, then you find employers aren't willing to offer 30-40k, it will be a lot less than that.

Simple supply and demand.

Comment

Working...
                      X