• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie employment contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    what's that?
    oh, yeh, sickies and holiday pay.
    forgot about those.
    There's always a silver lining to every cloud

Comment

That doesn't sound like much to complain about. Have you prepared for your first day?

I'd do my homework: research the most reviewed advert with BDSM on adultwork, book it for 8 hours. Tell her/him "your wish is my command" and there is no safe word.

That should get you going for the next 3 months...

Comment

Had a similarly worded offer couple of years ago. I excused myself! Doesn't suit a seasoned contractor. Most of the time you will be doing more than 40 hours a week and you can't walk away in 4 weeks.
        Last edited by BigDataPro; 8 February 2020, 09:34.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
          Had a similarly worded offer couple of years ago. I excused myself! Doesn't suit a seasoned contractor. Most of the time you will be doing more than 40 hours a week and you can't walk away in 4 weeks.
          why not?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            why not?
            Gross misconduct usually does the job.
            If an employer decides that they want to force you to serve your notice you can make it somewhat awkward for them. And they know it....

New outift for Monday mornings.....
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
              That doesn't sound like much to complain about. Have you prepared for your first day?

I'd do my homework: research the most reviewed advert with BDSM on adultwork, book it for 8 hours. Tell her/him "your wish is my command" and there is no safe word.

That should get you going for the next 3 months...

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
                As a “seasoned contractor”, have you ever had a contract that paid a daily rate? Did you ever precisely measure your hours to see that you never did more or less than the hours you were supposed to?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  Gross misconduct usually does the job.
                  If an employer decides that they want to force you to serve your notice you can make it somewhat awkward for them. And they know it....

New outift for Monday mornings.....
                  Your gross misconduct is scootie's required dress code.

Comment

Working...
                  X