• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The dark side calls.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by fargaman View Post
    Yeah. They were operating under the assumption that my contractor retention rate was 77 percent of gross. Which it's not. I kept quiet about that.
    Can you get me a job there too please?

Leave a comment:

• fargaman
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    The total annual package value of the permie offer is more than your total contract rate for a year (assuming 4 weeks holiday).

Sounds odd that the client would shoot themselves in the foot like this.
    Yeah. They were operating under the assumption that my contractor retention rate was 77 percent of gross. Which it's not. I kept quiet about that.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by fargaman View Post
    long time lurker here.
    decided to make first contribution. Have been contracting since 2006. mostly in banking/finance in the city.
    enjoying current gig. civilised working hours, good people, half hour commute. day rate £600.
    loved the contracting life. the independence etc. never struggled for work.
    however, the IR35 crunch approaches!
    my client is blanketing all contractors within IR35.

have been offered a perm or fixed contract position. total package (including pension contributions) is 143k
    + health care, life insurance, income protection and various bits and pieces.

either that, or go brolly or have a holiday over the summer with my family thanks to big warchest.

am very tempted to take what looks like a no brainer offer. what do you do?
    Go full permie? take a year fixed contract and watch the market? brolly? Holiday?
    With that deal go Perm.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    The total annual package value of the permie offer is more than your total contract rate for a year (assuming 4 weeks holiday).

Sounds odd that the client would shoot themselves in the foot like this.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    From a purely financial POV, if I were contracting on 600 p.d. and I had a permie offer of 143k and I were not averse to becoming a permie, then I would bite their arm off. That is a very good offer.

Leave a comment:

• fargaman
    started a topic The dark side calls.

The dark side calls.

long time lurker here.
    decided to make first contribution. Have been contracting since 2006. mostly in banking/finance in the city.
    enjoying current gig. civilised working hours, good people, half hour commute. day rate £600.
    loved the contracting life. the independence etc. never struggled for work.
    however, the IR35 crunch approaches!
    my client is blanketing all contractors within IR35.

have been offered a perm or fixed contract position. total package (including pension contributions) is 143k
    + health care, life insurance, income protection and various bits and pieces.

either that, or go brolly or have a holiday over the summer with my family thanks to big warchest.

am very tempted to take what looks like a no brainer offer. what do you do?
    Go full permie? take a year fixed contract and watch the market? brolly? Holiday?

Working...
X