• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How did you do in 2019?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

218.5 days - first full year contracting, and quite possibly my last...; two contracts - one I'm enjoying, one I loathed with a passion (boredom).

Comment

Originally posted by Amanensia View Post
      Ah, thanks. I was just wondering when some numpty would pipe up something like that, and hey presto there we go!
      Ah, thanks. I was just wondering when some numpty would pipe up something like that, and hey presto there we go!
      nomadd liked this post

Comment

Was working full time Jan to May then extended with the client on a part time basis over the summer which suited me fine. Unfortunately I had to take a couple of months off in the autumn for family reasons plus market has been slow so this year has come in below my desired average of 160-170.

I've got a new contract starting beginning of Jan so hopefully 2020 will be back to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
          Reading some of these comments it's no wonder contractors have a reputation for being money grabbing!
          A veritable celebration of working and living in a capitalist economy...

Comment

219. Been off over December and starting a new gig in Jan

Comment

188 days billed in 2019

4 contracts, non stop since end of February 2019 (well actually one 2 weeks gap)

It was actually really hard work - I'm relatively newby contractor (1.5 years), back to complete latest contract in January until the end of Jan then im a free agent to find a new contract while dealing with ir35/brexit/etc

Comment

106.5 billed days in 2019 and quite possibly the end after only 2 years :-)

Comment

In 2019, disappointedly, I think I managed 175 days over 2 contracts where I was binned from. The bloody CTO put down the marker and then the last dude PM brought in his mate to replace me. It was always his intention to do and I was blind.

I want 2020 to be much better with clients and prospective, because I have mortgage to pay down, credit cards to hose down.
                  I just want "strong and stable" clients and I am not a tory at all.

Comment

107 days for first contract that began in July....

Comment

218 days including 3 weeks off between contracts during the summer.

Comment

Working...
                      X