• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Notice v Consultancy Notice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency Notice v Consultancy Notice

Can someone explain what:

Consultancy Notice - 4 weeks
    Agency Notice - 1 week

means.

My contract is due to end shortly with my current client (working through an agency) and I am looking to start with a new company before Xmas.

Does the above mean I have to give my agency 1 week notice or 4? I'm assuming the consultancy notice is for them to give me 4 weeks notice should they want to get rid of me...?

Why would you assume that?

the clue is in the wording of the other option.

You are a business (presumably using your Ltd company) - you are one of those parties. (If it's not obvious yet I'll give you a hint - you are not the agency)

But regardless, if your contract is about to end, notice period may not actually be relevant. (You might want to let the agent/client know you are not renewing if that is on the table)
    Last edited by jmo21; 26 November 2019, 10:27.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
      Why would you assume that?

the clue is in the wording of the other option.
      So it's the opposite of what I assumed? i.e. I need to give the client / agency 4 weeks notice?

Comment

You are the consultancy. The contract tells you what notice you have to give.

The agency notice period, which is worth far less than the ink used , is what they should give you.

Notice only needs to be given if the contract needs to end before the defined end date.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          You are the consultancy. The contract tells you what notice you have to give.

The agency notice period, which is worth far less than the ink used , is what they should give you.

Notice only needs to be given if the contract needs to end before the defined end date.
          Thanks, as the contract ends soon this is all that's needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dhrucku View Post
            So it's the opposite of what I assumed? i.e. I need to give the client / agency 4 weeks notice?
            Yes. The bigger issue is why you are signing contracts that you do not understand?

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
              Yes. The bigger issue is why you are signing contracts that you do not understand?
              I understood it.

It was some confusing info given from a fellow contractor, didn't want to approach my agency to raise alarm bells.

Comment

I understood it.

It was some confusing info given from a fellow contractor, didn't want to approach my agency to raise alarm bells.
                You just said you assumed the opposite

Comment

I understood it.

Clearly not. Did you get it reviewed before you started as well?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If you look at your Contract, it will tell you who the Consultancy is in the definitions.

Usually page 1 or 2.

Quick exit...
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                    X