• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Spy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing about best thread or my forum advisor of the year award. They've been consumed by corporate greed and thrown us to the dogs.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Nothing about best thread or my forum advisor of the year award. They've been consumed by corporate greed and thrown us to the dogs.
      SNAFU then?

oh, well

Comment

Awards are very corrupt...

"You might be shortlisted for the award... would you like to buy a table for 10 at our event for £3000?"

Comment

subscription cost and quality of service

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

There is a site called contractonlyjobs which doesn't deal with direct gigs but that's a pile of rubbish as well. There is a button to filter contract jobs in the search... Wtf??

Anything scraped can't be worth it. If you are looking you should be on the same places they scrape from so should be able to spot them.

It would be worth finding out who the company is and check out their filing history.
          Confirming not to touch with a bargepole. I made the error of subscribing, to access a particular job i wanted to apply for. Turns out the one link was linking to a job ad that was already closed (when it appeared on contractspy as new).
          when i decided to cancel my membership same day, the response was that i wouldn't get a refund because i wasn't a consumer protected by UK consumer rights, but assumed to be a company by default. I don't even know whether that's legal, given i (and many others) are NOT companies but natural persons, and therefore, consumers.

Comment

We do use contract spy but only via their twitter feed.

Originally posted by laurenceb View Post
            Confirming not to touch with a bargepole. I made the error of subscribing, to access a particular job i wanted to apply for. Turns out the one link was linking to a job ad that was already closed (when it appeared on contractspy as new).
            when i decided to cancel my membership same day, the response was that i wouldn't get a refund because i wasn't a consumer protected by UK consumer rights, but assumed to be a company by default. I don't even know whether that's legal, given i (and many others) are NOT companies but natural persons, and therefore, consumers.
            we go and look at each original 'job' and ascertain if we know any humans there. We write to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyat6prog View Post
              we go and look at each original 'job' and ascertain if we know any humans there. We write to them.
              Do you check the dates though?
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
              X