• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VAT registration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT registration

OK I tried to register online and got this question (multiple choice)

1- I am established or have a fixed establishment in the UK; and make, or intend to make, supplies only outside the UK, for which I am entitled to be VAT registered.
    2- I have taken over, or I am intending to take over; a business that is VAT registered, or that should be VAT registered; as a Transfer of a Going Concern.
    3- I am changing the legal entity that owns a VAT registered business (eg from sole proprietor to a limited company).
    4- I am making, or intend to make, taxable supplies.

I don't think any of the above applies ... which one should I choose??

Option 4

Comment

I chose option 4 but they went on to ask me what kind of supplies, and when did I start manufacturing them etc etc

Comment

Enter SIC 72220 - Other Software Consultancy And Supply

The date you enter will be the day you start charging VAT on them.

Comment

I am not software consultancy and supplies -

Comment

Business and Management Consultancy?

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo
              Business and Management Consultancy?
              yep

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
                yep
                Would that be SIC code 74140? I have absolutely no idea how that would help with your VAT registration however.

All I can remember is that the accountant filled out the form, I just had to sign it. From memory, the only details on the form were the company name and address and the business category.

Once the form had been sent in it was then that they asked to see proof that the company was "in business". I presume that they needed to make sure that I wasn't another carousel fraudster.

Comment

Doesnt matter what you do you'll probably get tSIC 72220. I build warehouses and I got other software consultancy and supply.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo
                    Would that be SIC code 74140? I have absolutely no idea how that would help with your VAT registration however.

All I can remember is that the accountant filled out the form, I just had to sign it. From memory, the only details on the form were the company name and address and the business category.

Once the form had been sent in it was then that they asked to see proof that the company was "in business". I presume that they needed to make sure that I wasn't another carousel fraudster.

At the end my accountant advised to register for the regular VAT not the flat rate one !!

Comment

Working...
                    X