• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract in Norway - worth it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract in Norway - worth it?

I just got a call for Bergen, paying 115 EUR per hour, for 3-6 months. It'll be via an umbrella that the agency works with / provides.
    I've got contracts on the table for approx 700 GBP in London.

Nordic worth it in comparisson taking into account the hassle ?
    Any calculators that you guys know of?

Originally posted by Skag View Post
    I just got a call for Bergen, paying 115 EUR per hour, for 3-6 months. It'll be via an umbrella that the agency works with / provides.
    I've got contracts on the table for approx 700 GBP in London.

Nordic worth it in comparisson taking into account the hassle ?
    Any calculators that you guys know of?
    PAYE (Pay As You Earn) for foreign workers - The Norwegian Tax Administration

Flat 25% tax rate, no deductions for expenses.

Norway is an expensive place to live and work but the flip side is that it's also a really, really nice place to live and work.

Fag packet calculation says that gig is worth between £550 and £600 per day depending on the exchange rate.
    Last edited by DaveB; 11 March 2019, 10:22.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Thanks for this, useful.

So given other opportunities in London (travel, rellocation, etc) , as far as money is concerned, ain't worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Skag View Post
        Thanks for this, useful.

So given other opportunities in London (travel, rellocation, etc) , as far as money is concerned, ain't worth it.
        Financially, you'd probably be better off at home. If you could live with the rate for a few months I'd do it just for the experience. But then I like Norway a lot.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Everything what DaveB said. Keep in mind that in case of a no deal brexit you may not be allowed to work in Norway after March 29th without working permit

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            Everything what DaveB said. Keep in mind that in case of a no deal brexit you may not be allowed to work in Norway after March 29th without working permit
            True.

I also heard back from the umbrella: Retention 49% net 9000 EUR per month.

Comment

The er females are nice out there, or whatever the PC way of saying that is nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                The er females are nice out there, or whatever the PC way of saying that is nowadays.
                I always said that for me, the prettiest ladies in the world are from Norway. Now I got this!
                That was my strongest incentive!
                Oh well, life goes on...

Comment

Working...
                X