• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contract in Norway - worth it?"

Collapse

• Skag
    replied
    Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    The er females are nice out there, or whatever the PC way of saying that is nowadays.
    I always said that for me, the prettiest ladies in the world are from Norway. Now I got this!
    That was my strongest incentive!
    Oh well, life goes on...

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    The er females are nice out there, or whatever the PC way of saying that is nowadays.

Leave a comment:

• Skag
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Everything what DaveB said. Keep in mind that in case of a no deal brexit you may not be allowed to work in Norway after March 29th without working permit
    True.

I also heard back from the umbrella: Retention 49% net 9000 EUR per month.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Everything what DaveB said. Keep in mind that in case of a no deal brexit you may not be allowed to work in Norway after March 29th without working permit

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Skag View Post
    Thanks for this, useful.

So given other opportunities in London (travel, rellocation, etc) , as far as money is concerned, ain't worth it.
    Financially, you'd probably be better off at home. If you could live with the rate for a few months I'd do it just for the experience. But then I like Norway a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Skag
    replied
    Thanks for this, useful.

So given other opportunities in London (travel, rellocation, etc) , as far as money is concerned, ain't worth it.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Skag View Post
    I just got a call for Bergen, paying 115 EUR per hour, for 3-6 months. It'll be via an umbrella that the agency works with / provides.
    I've got contracts on the table for approx 700 GBP in London.

Nordic worth it in comparisson taking into account the hassle ?
    Any calculators that you guys know of?
    PAYE (Pay As You Earn) for foreign workers - The Norwegian Tax Administration

Flat 25% tax rate, no deductions for expenses.

Norway is an expensive place to live and work but the flip side is that it's also a really, really nice place to live and work.

Fag packet calculation says that gig is worth between £550 and £600 per day depending on the exchange rate.
    Last edited by DaveB; 11 March 2019, 10:22.

Leave a comment:

• Skag
    started a topic Contract in Norway - worth it?

Contract in Norway - worth it?

I just got a call for Bergen, paying 115 EUR per hour, for 3-6 months. It'll be via an umbrella that the agency works with / provides.
    I've got contracts on the table for approx 700 GBP in London.

Nordic worth it in comparisson taking into account the hassle ?
    Any calculators that you guys know of?

Working...
X