• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Private GP - anyone use?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private GP - anyone use?

After complete NHS usual shambles last week, seriously considering it.

Left client early to go to appointment. Waited and waited, eventually they told me there was almost a 90 min delay. So I bailed. Always seems to happen at my GP. Cheeky cow receptionist after I'd waited 45 mins told me I couldn't cancel because I had to give 24 hours notice of cancellation FFS. Are you real? Thats just the NHS mentality these days - its free shut up and wait.

Find out now I can't get an appointment until next year now!

I guess those of you working away mon-fri its even worse trying to get GP appointment. I dread to think....

All I want is a referral letter to get a private health consultation at Spire. Doctorcareanywhere - £12 a month for private GP. Seems better than sitting in wanky GP surgery for hours on end.

Only drawback, is, of course, no NHS prescriptions. Not so bad for you lot living in that nasty place but its free for us sheep shaggers.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Ask your GP for a private appointment?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Change to a practice that allows you to book on the day. Bit of a pain in the bum constantly redialing at 8am when it opens but haven't not been able to see a GP on the same day at the allotted time to date.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Change to a practice that allows you to book on the day. Bit of a pain in the bum constantly redialing at 8am when it opens but haven't not been able to see a GP on the same day at the allotted time to date.
        Aye. Mine is like that. But not easy to get an appointment. Chances about 1 in 10.

Of course, not so good when they say 11am appt, and you're supposed to be at client site 60 miles away at 9am.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          After complete NHS usual shambles last week, seriously considering it.

Left client early to go to appointment. Waited and waited, eventually they told me there was almost a 90 min delay. So I bailed. Always seems to happen at my GP. Cheeky cow receptionist after I'd waited 45 mins told me I couldn't cancel because I had to give 24 hours notice of cancellation FFS. Are you real? Thats just the NHS mentality these days - its free shut up and wait.

Find out now I can't get an appointment until next year now!

I guess those of you working away mon-fri its even worse trying to get GP appointment. I dread to think....

All I want is a referral letter to get a private health consultation at Spire. Doctorcareanywhere - £12 a month for private GP. Seems better than sitting in wanky GP surgery for hours on end.

Only drawback, is, of course, no NHS prescriptions. Not so bad for you lot living in that nasty place but its free for us sheep shaggers.
          Forge a referral letter.

Comment

There's also GP at Hand, heavily touted around London. Video conferencing with a doctor after basic triage (although they're not allowed to call it that) via an app. It was the subject of something like Panorama or Horizon recently.

Comment

Mods. Can we move to General please. PC's life problems are not really for the prof forums.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Mods. Can we move to General please. PC's life problems are not really for the prof forums.
                He posts it here as cover, so we don't call him out as a doley part time desktop support Jeremy Kyle guest.

Comment

Have a look at Benenden, 24 hour access to a GP over the phone, £10 per month + other benefits too, they can escalate things and they use BUPA for some stuff.

https://www.benenden.co.uk/

Im not connected to these in anyway.

GE

Comment

Never used them but I have bought shares in ZoomDoc - looks like a growing market to be investing in
                    I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Working...
                    X