• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morgraal View Post
    ... they have a lot of Analysts that can do what i do, plus more already...
    Never admit that - for all you know, they know less than you, but are better at bluffing.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I've spent some time with them. They are capable from an experience POV.

However, more and more I note that data analyst that I have worked with or along side arent able to adapt, think freely or be dynamic.

I find this weird as being flexible is part of role IMHO.

I dunno, maybe I've just worked with some churners.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Never admit that - for all you know, they know less than you, but are better at bluffing.
        Sorry, I should have been clearer on this point. There have been a lot of questions outside of the project along the lines of 'Why is he here, we have plenty of analysts?' and 'I thought we were cutting back on contractors'.

As it's my first contract I found it a bit troubling (on top of no clear brief), so it wobbled me.

Comment

Sorry, I should have been clearer on this point. There have been a lot of questions outside of the project along the lines of 'Why is he here, we have plenty of analysts?' and 'I thought we were cutting back on contractors'.

As it's my first contract I found it a bit troubling (on top of no clear brief), so it wobbled me.
          Ignore them, they're jealous of your day rate.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            The correct thread title is 'Boomed'

Congratulations but keep applying. I would be suspicious of a three week delay and then a start just before Christmas.
            And it goes in General
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              And it goes in General
              Noted

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Ignore them, they're jealous of your day rate.

Comment

That always happens.
                  And the fact you've heard it means they aren't professional. On that basis you're better than them already.
                  In fact you might have been brought in simply because you're more professional than the tools they already have. Nothing to do with skills and all to do with attitude.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                  X