• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Here's some hoops we'd like you to jump through

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ckms View Post
    They are asking for a 1 hour presentation... realistically a full days work. I called the agent and told her, thanks for the opportunity but I won't be investing my time in this. I'm out!
    Were the agency understanding in this?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      Were the agency understanding in this?
      She was being diplomatic towards her client but yes she did think it was over the top

Comment

In my last round of looking, I said goodbye to a few that wanted presentations, aptitude testing etc (thank god )

I like the clients that want to get in and talk about the project, not what my approach to a difficult situation 8 years ago was.
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Well I said no to the presentation and yesterday I landed a 3 month direct contract elsewhere on the back of a 30 minute coffee meeting! ... Exactly how it should be

Comment

Originally posted by ckms View Post
            Well I said no to the presentation and yesterday I landed a 3 month direct contract elsewhere on the back of a 30 minute coffee meeting! ... Exactly how it should be
            Well done you

My current gig (albeit likely to be ending soon), which was on the back of a 15 min telephone chat, has lasted 2 years
            Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
            X