• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Timesheet for direct client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timesheet for direct client

I've done a couple of direct contracts in the past but I'm currently working 2 days a week for a new client. I'm thinking I should submit timesheets for this one rather than just invoice as I have done previously.

Any thoughts on whether this is generally required and if so any links to timesheet templates I could use?

Cheers.

Originally posted by ckms View Post
    I've done a couple of direct contracts in the past but I'm currently working 2 days a week for a new client. I'm thinking I should submit timesheets for this one rather than just invoice as I have done previously.

Any thoughts on whether this is generally required and if so any links to timesheet templates I could use?

Cheers.
    Why do you think you need to submit timesheets?
    Does your contract say anything about having them?
    Is your rate hourly or daily?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Check your contract; in the past when no timesheet has been required when going direct, I've provided a summary of work delivered for the week, partly as a reminder that I'm continuing to deliver value for money.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

^^^ What the others said about checking your contract to see if you need to complete a timesheet, if not it sounds as if a invoice will be enough.

In case you do need a invoice template...
        ww w.contractorcalculator.co.uk/templates_downloads.aspx

Comment

I keep a timesheet. My invoices to direct clients all all include a brief summary of tasks accomplished and approximate time spent on each. They all say, 'Timesheet available on request.'

No one has ever asked for it.

Comment

I think (as it has been said already) depends on the contract and payment terms. If you are invoicing weekly for argument sake you could include a summary (you can do that monthly as well ofc). Speak to the client and see what they want (if it isnt clear in the contract).

Comment

Working...
            X