• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hotels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Find a pub with rooms from laterooms or booking.com. Ring directly and ask for a price. If you’re drinking in their bar and eating their food, as well as being a regular income stream they’ll likely give you a good discount.
    And if you're trying to sleep for any early start during wednesday nite karaoki, - good luck

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      And if you're trying to sleep for any early start during wednesday nite karaoki, - good luck
      drink enough beer before it starts.
      Anyway. Wednesday night karaoke??? How many pubs have busy weekday nights any more? Even during the footie most pubs were dead by 10PM.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by andyg View Post
        In my opinion much better than a hotel. If you get to know the owner then you can do a deal direct, they will be the one meeting you with the keys. I booked my current one through cheaphotels.com, liked the place, knew that I would be staying for at least six months, met the owner, did a deal at 20% less the cheaphotels price. He's happy as he gets regular custom, I'm happy as I know where I'm staying each week. Win win
        I found no real difference between serviced apartments and independent hotels - both offered reasonable discounts for long term stays.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

accor group do a decent loyalty scheme. Build up the week nights at an Ibis and spend the points at a decent upmarket hotel.

You get room discount and did get a free drink as well on arrival once you get to the right point level.

Also ask the client if they have a deal with a local hotel. I got corporate rates from one hotel as could book under the cliwnts corporate scheme and pay with my co's money.
          Last edited by BlueSharp; 23 July 2018, 08:49.
          Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
            accor group do a decent loyalty scheme. Build up the week nights at an Ibis and spend the points at a decent upmarket hotel.

You get room discount and did get a free drink as well on arrival once you get to the right point level.
            Accor points can be transferred to Avios so you can redeem them against IAG group flights too

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Accor points can be transferred to Avios so you can redeem them against IAG group flights too
              If you are an avid points collector the site below is very useful. It will map how you can transfer points between any of the schemes even if there isn't a direct method. Some of them can be a bit convoluted and can water down the points by the time it hits your preferred scheme but better that than lose them.

Mileage Converter - WebFlyer :: The Frequent Flyer Authority

If you don't have enough points it will say no route found so increase the points and eventually it will give you an option. I have a card for a majority of the schemes so I don't miss out on any even if a single stay isn't enough. It will build up until you can transfer.

You can use an app like https://awardwallet.com/ that will automatically track your points in most cases. It will also tell you when any are expiring soon so you can transfer them before losing them.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks for all the tips.

Comment

Working...
                X