• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Awaiting portal login and passwors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
    I have a line manager, and a functional manager - as does everyone, including the 15k contractors and even the 15k consultants here do. Along with the 260k employees. What would HMRC make of that ?
    What HMRC would make of it is irrelevant, on CUK it's what NLUK makes of it is that matters

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
      What HMRC would make of it is irrelevant, on CUK it's what NLUK makes of it is that matters
      Tbf, he does know more about IR35 than anyone at HMRC.

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
        £100 a day on a four week contract, I think he's safe from the IR35 police
        Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
        I have a line manager, and a functional manager - as does everyone, including the 15k contractors and even the 15k consultants here do. Along with the 260k employees. What would HMRC make of that ?
        All very good coming from people that know. The OP is clearly doesn't understand what he does. He's a CONTRACTor that isn't looking at a contract before he starts, he's calling his client staff managers, what else is he doing he doesn't know about.

Many problems like this would be avoided if the OP knew how to be a contractor and run a business. There is nothing wrong with trying to correct his thinking. If he can get it in his head what the proper relationship is between him and the guy he works with at his clients site many other things would fall in to place.

Another example thinking about it. If he fully understood his relationship with all parties he wouldn't be crying about his problems with the agency to the client. A mistake which could land him in hot water in the future.

So I'm a pedant trying to help re-align a newbies thinking in my own way, sue me.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OneManBand View Post
          What agency is this?
          It's Lorien !

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            What is there that you are not sure about? They have told you their stance and I've pointed out why.

Don't want to be rude but you are a big part of this **** up and you've not really got very far in sorting it out. It's only a week old as well. Why are you crying about the work at the client and taking business elsewhere. It's **** all to do with the client. They've told you that and we've told you that. Why aren't you getting it?

You've encountered a hiccup. Man up and sort it.
            I agree that I should have had my cards in order before embarking on a contract so yes my screw up but this is the first time in 4 years of contracting that I have been in this situation. I didn't speak to the client another contractor had already briefed me that they would not get involved ! In terms of taking business elsewhere I don't work for free, so if I have to go chasing payments it is not in my interest to stay at that place and flog a dead horse chasing up invoices . My situation is difficult enough trying to contract in a high unemployment area with lack of investment especially around technology.

As it turns out the agency had my timesheet portal online and ready Friday afternoon after informing me that my account manager was off on long term sickness and after I informed them I would be walking. Timesheets all filled in and signed off today by the client !

Comment

You can talk to the client but what you would be telling them is due to the agency doing X you aren't coming in from Y.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If you have a signed contract with the agency and can get a manual timesheet signed by your hiring manager at client, you can create your own invoices and invoice the agency as a normal business would. You have a signed contract and proof of work completed; chill out and get billing!!!
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  If you have a signed contract with the agency and can get a manual timesheet signed by your hiring manager at client, you can create your own invoices and invoice the agency as a normal business would. You have a signed contract and proof of work completed; chill out and get billing!!!
                  That was the next option available !
                  As stated I did get timesheet signed off the next exercise was to get another portal login so an invoice could be raised ! Turns out there are two separate portals one for timesheets and one for contract details\invoicing only my account manager failed to provide details for the second.
                  (Previous agencies have only used the one portal for all actions so this a new one on me )
                  Lucky a helpful lady in the accounts department got me a login and there I located my contract details plus general docs such as H&S etc..had to accept all documents after checking them over and once completed then processed by agency I had the option to start billing via upload of first invoice.
                  Not impressed with my agency account manager who has been deadly silent to any email or calls but hey I am now " billing n chilling "

Thanks to all those who inputted on here every comment I have taken on board and all adds to the contractor experience !

Comment

I got access to this portal recently too and its amazing in this day and age that someone can charge money to deliver a portal with such a terrible UI. Its as if the last 15 years of UI design never happened.

But I bet it was cheap.

Comment

Working...
                    X