• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No I dont want to become PERMANENT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No I dont want to become PERMANENT

Hello All,

Hope everyone is well, I'm sure some of the vetrans here have come across this problem lots and lots of times before.

I don't really want to tell these people to F*** off, I hate the job. It uses around 15% of my brain power. I don't / will never go permanent in your job. They've asked me multiple times, singed me up for a 12 month agreement and keep bringing up permanent every few weeks.

They try stupid scare tactics, a guy was on a call with my boss discussing how the contracting market was bad and candidates coming in who are contractors now want to go permanent for stability lol...

They tried to get me to cut my agent out in the past!!!! What is funny is this is a LARGE company they own a major exchange

What is a nice/straight way of telling/shutting these guys up so they don't ask me to go permanent for the remainder 7 ish months I have left here? That is if I make it till the end of my assignment?

Thanks AJ

Originally posted by aj4u View Post
    Hello All,

Hope everyone is well, I'm sure some of the vetrans here have come across this problem lots and lots of times before.

I don't really want to tell these people to F*** off, I hate the job. It uses around 15% of my brain power. I don't / will never go permanent in your job. They've asked me multiple times, singed me up for a 12 month agreement and keep bringing up permanent every few weeks.

They try stupid scare tactics, a guy was on a call with my boss discussing how the contracting market was bad and candidates coming in who are contractors now want to go permanent for stability lol...

They tried to get me to cut my agent out in the past!!!! What is funny is this is a LARGE company they own a major exchange[/B]

What is a nice/straight way of telling/shutting these guys up so they don't ask me to go permanent for the remainder 7 ish months I have left here? That is if I make it till the end of my assignment?

Thanks AJ
    Get another contract.

Comment

Sounds like you are already permanent

Comment

Ask them to match your current rate.

Comment

How long have you been contracting at the site?
          How long have you been contracting?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

thank you all for the prompt replies

erm, I started in 2016 Jan. I got made redundant 3 times in 5 perm jobs.

so I guess 1 year 3 months... started here november last year. My current rate is 500 GBP per day, not sure what the salary equivalent is.

Thanks AJ
            Last edited by aj4u; 5 March 2018, 17:13. Reason: gotta be nice

Comment

just found this on a website -> Permanent salary required is £116,428

Comment

It will be a lot less seems you are inside IR35.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aj4u View Post
                  just found this on a website -> Permanent salary required is £116,428
                  Nope. If you're on 500 a day, the permanent salary equivalent is a lot closer to 70-75k

What website gave you £116,428, and what figures did you put into it?

Comment

Ok, so you're 1 year 3 months into your first contract.
                    How big is your warchest?
                    If it's big enough and you really don't like the contract then give notice and find a new one.

Are you through an umbrella or have you your own Ltd?

Comment

Working...
                    X