• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Being Ported from One Recruiter to Another

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being Ported from One Recruiter to Another

Just been contacted about my current gig that I have 3 months remaining on.
    My current Agency have been booted and a larger organisation is taking over contractors for to get them all under one roof.

I've been informed that my day rate wont change and other terms should remain the same (in their words the only thing that changes is my Timesheets). But before I sign my contract is there anything I should look out for?

Originally posted by ctm View Post
    Just been contacted about my current gig that I have 3 months remaining on.
    My current Agency have been booted and a larger organisation is taking over contractors for to get them all under one roof.

I've been informed that my day rate wont change and other terms should remain the same (in their words the only thing that changes is my Timesheets). But before I sign my contract is there anything I should look out for?
    Yes, have you checked your current contract and had confirmation that you are not in breach of contract with your current agent.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Check your contract very carefully and if there are any wording changes get it checked again IMO. 'Should be the same' wouldn't be enough for me to sign without further diligence.

If everything has been agreed there should be an assumption the new agency has dealt with any handcuff issues. Booted might have included a pay off to cover the handcuff. Could be worth asking out of interest if nothing else.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Yes, have you checked your current contract and had confirmation that you are not in breach of contract with your current agent.
        From what I understand, I'm being ported over so behind closed doors I'm sure there would be some sort of payoff.. I wouldn't be breaching a contract.

Comment

I once was bounced around 4 agencies on one gig as the client chased lower fees and more perks. It's a faff going through referencing every three months because clientco were saving 0.5% commission.

Get the new contract checked and make sure any handcuff clauses are removed (the new agency didn't introduce you to the client). As this is a client driven decision you *should* be ok but doing your own due diligence is important.

Comment

Had the meeting today, seemed OK however they are saying they require proof of Business Bank Account?
            When I asked why? They said its a government requirement
            And said I can do it by providing my Bank Statement

Doesnt seem right to me?

Comment

Had the meeting today, seemed OK however they are saying they require proof of Business Bank Account?

Doesnt seem right to me?
              Yes, they want proof that they are transferring the money into a business, not a personal account.
              They also need your account details to be able to transfer the money.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Doesnt seem right to me?
                They are just covering themselves. The old agency could have allsorts of poor practices going on which the new ones don't want to take on so they are just checking certain elements are all above board. It's not like they are asking for your second born or anything. JFDI
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  They are just covering themselves. The old agency could have allsorts of poor practices going on which the new ones don't want to take on so they are just checking certain elements are all above board. It's not like they are asking for your second born or anything. JFDI
                  Second borns are always shifty anyway

Comment

Working...
                  X