• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance - Current Employment Supervisor Advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone,

I am hoping for some advice. I have just secured a new IT Contract Role which requires Security Clearance and one of the questions on the SC Form is relating to my Current Employment Supervisor.

Currently I have been working for the past 12-months as a permanent employee. Previous I was a contractor for 8-years.

Because I am still working at the company. I am slightly nervous about specifying my supervisor's name as I don't want them to know I've secured a contract role just yet.
    Has anybody on here been in the same situation as this?

Thanks,

Gary.

Originally posted by Gazza99 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I am hoping for some advice. I have just secured a new IT Contract Role which requires Security Clearance and one of the questions on the SC Form is relating to my Current Employment Supervisor.

Currently I have been working for the past 12-months as a permanent employee. Previous I was a contractor for 8-years.

Because I am still working at the company. I am slightly nervous about specifying my supervisor's name as I don't want them to know I've secured a contract role just yet.
    Has anybody on here been in the same situation as this?

Thanks,

Gary.
    sounds like you have 2 choices.

1) Lie about who the supervisor is on your SC clearance application
    2) Be honest but your supervisor will find out you're leaving

TIP: Don't do option 1.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Bearing in mind the SC check is to find out if you are honest and trustworthy enough to see highly sensitive information, playing devious games while being checked isn't the smartest thing to do is it?

You've made your bed so now you know what to do.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        sounds like you have 2 choices.

1) Lie about who the supervisor is on your SC clearance application
        2) Be honest but your supervisor will find out you're leaving

TIP: Don't do option 1.

I concur.

One of my previous roles was with a client who provided services to the MoD on a large scale. My role was to create a web application that would allow them to keep track of their 5k+ employees various clearances (SC/DV/Disc Scotland etc), track when they expire and allow them to report on it, we would feed this info to the DIO who would get in touch with the employee and then let us know the result (Cleared or not) most of the ones I saw come back failed were because they had either failed to disclose info (like criminal records) or had otherwise bent the truth on their applications.

DO NOT LIE ON A SC CLEARANCE APPLICATION, if you do and they find out you will NOT be cleared.

Comment

How about just do it honestly and see what happens. I’m sure they have a protocol not to discuss your situation? (Guessing).

If they tell your supervisor and if your supervisor pulls you up just say you have no idea maybe it’s your wife’s job/visa/adoption application?

And - If you’re leaving anyway (or want to) then who cares.
          Last edited by MrButton; 18 December 2017, 18:59.

Comment

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Comment

Working...
            X