• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OpenRent thoughts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OpenRent thoughts

Has anyone used this website for their BTL successfully? What are your experiences with them if any.
    Your replies are much appreciated!

There are a couple of services like this one. Seems just a way to circumvent rules around private landlords not being able to advertise direct TBH.

How Landlords Can Advertise Rentals On Rightmove [For Free]
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I've used them, they're great. It's that cheap, you don't have a lot to lose really. Perhaps it's area dependant, but I had plenty of enquiries, advertised on Friday, had 2 viewing on Monday and both wanted to rent it. You get the full referencing report, this was done in less than a week (obviously this is dependant on the tennant).

Experiences with a traditional agent however, were not so great. I don't really see what value they add. Very expensive and crap service.

It was 1 months rent + VAT for tennant find only including referencing with an agent. They don't market the property, just put the advert on zoopla and rightmove. Plus the tennant has to pay fees. Compared to £49 for the most expensive package on open rent and £20 for the tennant to pay a share of the referencing, it's a no-brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
        I've used them, they're great. It's that cheap, you don't have a lot to lose really. Perhaps it's area dependant, but I had plenty of enquiries, advertised on Friday, had 2 viewing on Monday and both wanted to rent it. You get the full referencing report, this was done in less than a week (obviously this is dependant on the tennant).

Experiences with a traditional agent however, were not so great. I don't really see what value they add. Very expensive and crap service.

It was 1 months rent + VAT for tennant find only including referencing with an agent. They don't market the property, just put the advert on zoopla and rightmove. Plus the tennant has to pay fees. Compared to £49 for the most expensive package on open rent and £20 for the tennant to pay a share of the referencing, it's a no-brainer.
        Thanks for this. That's what I think too re nothing to lose.. I just registered with them and have had two tenant enquiries which is surprising compared with agent that has had my property for a couple of months.
        I was a bit worried the enquiries might be spam but i'll see how it all works out.

Comment

Originally posted by TNA57 View Post
          Thanks for this. That's what I think too re nothing to lose.. I just registered with them and have had two tenant enquiries which is surprising compared with agent that has had my property for a couple of months.
          I was a bit worried the enquiries might be spam but i'll see how it all works out.
          I suspected that the agency I was with wasn't passing on all the tenants who enquired. Not sure why, perhaps they wait for one that fits their profile for some reason.

They advertised ours for a few weeks, I only know of one enquiry who we did let too. She wanted to leave after only 3 months because she couldn't afford it, so so much for their checks.

As I said, I had loads of enquiries through open rent though. The tennant we got throug there has been there ever since, almost 2 years now.

Comment

I can't remember the last time we used an agent for rentals. Even for the HMOs we advertise directly on SpareRoom or GumTree.

Haven't used OpenRent yet though. Sounds like it could be useful at some point.

Always do your own reference/credit checks though, if you're not using an agent.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
              I can't remember the last time we used an agent for rentals. Even for the HMOs we advertise directly on SpareRoom or GumTree.

Haven't used OpenRent yet though. Sounds like it could be useful at some point.

Always do your own reference/credit checks though, if you're not using an agent.

You can use open rent for that too. It's only £20 for this service only.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post

Same here. After an unsuccessful period with an agency, I decided to use this one and got tenants pretty quick. Perhaps that was luck but It was a great service for the money. I had my enquiries responded very quickly.

As you will be managing the property yourself, I strongly suggest reading this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Be-Land...+your+property

It basically covers everything you need to know about being a landlord. I am also big fan of author's podcast and learnt a lot about BTL.

Comment

In my renting days (recently over) I only use d OpenRent to find places. Was fed up with the fees of estate agents, and anything that reduces their profits sounds good to me. Actually the service with OpenRent was really good!

Comment

Working...
                  X