• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gambling debt and SC Clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    So you spent about 1/3 of the average contractors income on gambling this year - big deal, stop making a mountain out of a mole hill to talk yourself out of SC by giving them information they don't need to here. If they ask tell them, If they don't ask - Don't - would be my advice
    Wise advice from a true expert who only ever works in banking...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I don't say this to insult you or put you down but really sounds like it is time to get some help.

Gamblers Anonymous

Comment

indeed

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Wise advice from a true expert who only ever works in banking...
        GPWM - If you don't have a Gambling / Alcohol / fast car / Sex or Drug problem over here, you better get one sharpish, otherwise you will get chucked out

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. Although do you think my chances of getting SC is slim?

I thought it would be better to tell them what I am in debt for rather than just say I am in debt.

Comment

Originally posted by ITContractor20 View Post
            Thanks for the advice guys. Although do you think my chances of getting SC is slim?

I thought it would be better to tell them what I am in debt for rather than just say I am in debt.
            As has been said a number of times. We don't know... And if we did what difference would it make. Apply, be honest and see what happens. If you take any opinion of ours and it turns out to be wrong we've done more harm than good.

Tell them what they ask. Nothing more, nothing less.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Totally agree with that. It's a test of honesty at the end of the day.

And what makes you think they don't already know the answers to the questions...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I bet the OP doesn’t get the clearance. €7 on it..

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  I bet the OP doesn’t get the clearance. €7 on it..
                  I'll take that bet. Can someone lend me a tenner?

Comment

Thanks for the optimism. Sounds like I need to look for a new job.

Comment

Thanks for the optimism. Sounds like I need to look for a new job.
                      And that's why you shouldn't ask our opinion if you will pass or not.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X