• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract signed, waiting for SC clearance. Search to continue..?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    And to cover the abuse angle.. Ignore a contract. Jesus. You never fail to disappoint do you. Would you be happy if an agent ignores a contract and decides not to pay you or drops you at the last minute for someone thst has a clue about how to be a contractor? I don't think so.
    This isn't about making agents happy. This is about business.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      This isn't about making agents happy. This is about business.
      Indeed but 'ignoring' contracts isn't the way. I've got to hope it's just his terminology in this case.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Indeed but 'ignoring' contracts isn't the way. I've got to hope it's just his terminology in this case.
        He's too preoccupied with the implied contractual terms he's entering into by parking at the social club.

Comment

He's too preoccupied with the implied contractual terms he's entering into by parking at the social club.
          if it's a Vodafone owned social club, then surely parking there is an IR35 indicator?
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            if it's a Vodafone owned social club, then surely parking there is an IR35 indicator?
            If parking on site was that complex for him I doubt he's even touched IR35.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              Not if contractors have to pay, whereas staff can park for free.

Comment

If parking on site was that complex for him I doubt he's even touched IR35.
                But it's not even on site. It's highly complex, even for a manager of testers.

Comment

Crikey

All he has to do is ask the Agent whether can attend site and work, given that he will have completed his BPSS in order to progress the SC application?

Normally (well, it has been for me, for the past xx years), the BPSS has been sufficient to enable me to start the contract and conduct the assignment work, with certain restricted access, until SC has been finalised.
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                    Crikey

All he has to do is ask the Agent whether can attend site and work, given that he will have completed his BPSS in order to progress the SC application?

Normally (well, it has been for me, for the past xx years), the BPSS has been sufficient to enable me to start the contract and conduct the assignment work, with certain restricted access, until SC has been finalised.
                    Is it typically BPSS or SC that grants access to the contractor car parking facilities?

Comment

Is it typically BPSS or SC that grants access to the contractor car parking facilities?
                      Doesn't that depend on the contractor?
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X