• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC Clearance timeline?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC Clearance timeline?

I've applied for SC clearance, almost 2.5 months ago, still it's showing me in progress status. Just wandering is it normal timeline?
    Client is not able assign the work, unless I get the SC clearance.. Does Client HR has option to request the NSV MOD to expedite the progress? Please advise and kindly share your recent timeline SC clearance experience.

Originally posted by everfor View Post
    I've applied for SC clearance, almost 2.5 months ago, still it's showing me in progress status. Just wandering is it normal timeline?
    Client is not able assign the work, unless I get the SC clearance.. Does Client HR has option to request the NSV MOD to expedite the progress? Please advise and kindly share your recent timeline SC clearance experience.
    11 months in 2014/5. Depends on personal circs; foreign wives/partners, previous working abroad, general dodginess and political allegiances, perceived or real.

Anything to hide?

Comment

Originally posted by everfor View Post
      6 weeks in 2012.

Are you being paid? If so don't sweat it. It costs them about £8k to put you forward so they don't give up lightly.

I do know of a guy who didn't get his contract renewed as his SC hadn't come through, although it did on his last day. His issue was he lived abroad, but it all got sorted when he realised that as he was in the UK Mon-Thu he modified the SC application to be UK based and it came through a lot quicker, but not soon enough for him to be renewed. It worked out for him as he went to IBM with a fresh SC clearance paid for by another consultancy.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Three weeks in 2016.

Comment

I am told Home office SC clearance will take only 3 weeks. my friend held clearance till 2 years ago, so hoping to get cleared by Oct first week ��.
          Last edited by Darren_Test; 19 September 2017, 09:35.

Comment

Got it all done in about 3 weeks recently...
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X