• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "SC Clearance timeline?"

Collapse

• psychocandy
    replied
    Got it all done in about 3 weeks recently...

Leave a comment:

• Darren_Test
    replied
    I am told Home office SC clearance will take only 3 weeks. my friend held clearance till 2 years ago, so hoping to get cleared by Oct first week ��.
    Last edited by Darren_Test; 19 September 2017, 09:35.

Leave a comment:

• BackupBoy
    replied
    Three weeks in 2016.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by everfor View Post
    I've applied for SC clearance, almost 2.5 months ago, still it's showing me in progress status. Just wandering is it normal timeline?
    Client is not able assign the work, unless I get the SC clearance.. Does Client HR has option to request the NSV MOD to expedite the progress? Please advise and kindly share your recent timeline SC clearance experience.
    6 weeks in 2012.

Are you being paid? If so don't sweat it. It costs them about £8k to put you forward so they don't give up lightly.

I do know of a guy who didn't get his contract renewed as his SC hadn't come through, although it did on his last day. His issue was he lived abroad, but it all got sorted when he realised that as he was in the UK Mon-Thu he modified the SC application to be UK based and it came through a lot quicker, but not soon enough for him to be renewed. It worked out for him as he went to IBM with a fresh SC clearance paid for by another consultancy.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by everfor View Post
    I've applied for SC clearance, almost 2.5 months ago, still it's showing me in progress status. Just wandering is it normal timeline?
    Client is not able assign the work, unless I get the SC clearance.. Does Client HR has option to request the NSV MOD to expedite the progress? Please advise and kindly share your recent timeline SC clearance experience.
    11 months in 2014/5. Depends on personal circs; foreign wives/partners, previous working abroad, general dodginess and political allegiances, perceived or real.

Anything to hide?

Leave a comment:

• everfor
    started a topic SC Clearance timeline?

SC Clearance timeline?

Working...
X