• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Allen lane recruitment agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen lane recruitment agency

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to get some of your opinions on the allen lane's google reviews. In the last two days, four 5* reviews have mysteriously appeared on their google page. The accounts these were written from seem to be brand new, and created for the sole purpose of writing reviews.

Does anyone else think these 4 recent reviews are fake? Something doesn't seem right. : It looks like they are trying to boost their ratings.

Kris
    Last edited by kristen330; 25 August 2017, 11:56.

I don't pay any attention to those reviews. Would you base any kind of decision involving your career based on opinions of random strangers even if they weren't fake? One of them might be PC. Nuff said.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I don't pay any attention to those reviews. Would you base any kind of decision involving your career based on opinions of random strangers even if they weren't fake? One of them might be PC. Nuff said.
      And CUK explodes in a puff of logic.

I suppose at least on CUK, any of the more extreme nonsense is filtered out and there is some debate.

Comment

Don't know about Allen Lane, but Alan Ladd is a bit of a cowboy apparently.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Didn't you go see him live TF?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Who's Alan Ladd? :

Comment

I knew I recognised the name and its from http://forums.contractoruk.com/umbre...ck-agency.html

So the answer is they are as dodgy as ..... keep well away...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The latest two reviews sound a bit dodgy. Cara Thompson doesn't sound like a real person. "Thanks guys for all of your help. My CV looks so much better now and I love my new job" - who the hell writes a review saying that about an agency?

Steer clear of this bunch - they tried a dodgy scheme with their puppet umbrella company First Umbrella to charge £30 a day extra but they have just pulled it when it was exposed.

Comment

I only trust reviews on spivadvisor.

Comment

Originally posted by force11 View Post
                    The latest two reviews sound a bit dodgy. Cara Thompson doesn't sound like a real person. "Thanks guys for all of your help. My CV looks so much better now and I love my new job" - who the hell writes a review saying that about an agency?

Steer clear of this bunch - they tried a dodgy scheme with their puppet umbrella company First Umbrella to charge £30 a day extra but they have just pulled it when it was exposed.
                    Highly suspicious to say the least. Also looks like they created new google accounts just to write these reviews LOL. Talk about desperate.

Comment

Working...
                    X