• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Considering contract for place where I was employed 11 months ago - IR35 implications

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering contract for place where I was employed 11 months ago - IR35 implications

A previous employer has offered me a contract which would start 11 months after I left. The working practices would not be similar to what I did there as an employee - SoW contains a very specific project unrelated to what I did there when I was a permie. Contract has been reviewed and is fine.

The rate and commute are far better than anything else I have available, so I'm going to go for it, should go for the contract inside IR35 or outside IR35?

Why would you go inside? IR35 was to stop Friday to Monday contracting. 11 months isn't quite that.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Why would you go inside? IR35 was to stop Friday to Monday contracting. 11 months isn't quite that.
      I'm just the overly-worried type.

Comment

Originally posted by throwaway123 View Post
        Then contracting is probably not the game for you.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

So get IPSE+, do what they say in the Guide to IR35, and stop worrying.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            So get IPSE+, do what they say in the Guide to IR35, and stop worrying.
            Just been reading about this, looks very good. I'm going to get it.

Thanks for your advice everyone, very helpful!

Comment

Just been reading about this, looks very good. I'm going to get it.

Thanks for your advice everyone, very helpful!
              Check the adverts on this site. There is a discount code for IPSE somewhere.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                So do it over a bank holiday weekend and go back Tuesday? Or do you actually have to take a day off?

Comment

Working...
                X