• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New UK visa regulations to affect Indians from November 24

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackeye View Post
    You do realise all graduates could remain in the country without a job up until 2011? Yes, even those sport science morons from kingston university.

£30k would limit grads to financial services and the big software houses too. Seems like a stupid idea that will drain the country of much need skilled resources.

I'd much rather we have 1000 Indian techies over a yet another lazy European lodging in a room and working in a coffee shop.
    You need to read what the rules actually are then. That was a graduate on an inter company transfer not a graduate who has studied here staying.

As for not wanting Indian techies around I don't mind the good ones. The problem is that most of the ones I've seen are not that good and some are blooming dangerous and should not be allowed near a keyboard.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      You need to read what the rules actually are then. That was a graduate on an inter company transfer not a graduate who has studied here staying.

As for not wanting Indian techies around I don't mind the good ones. The problem is that most of the ones I've seen are not that good and some are blooming dangerous and should not be allowed near a keyboard.
      I worked with an excellent one when I was working at Cap Gemini, of all places, really knew his stuff.
      Funny thing is I recognised his name from one of the tech forums and had helped him out on a number of occasions.
      Law of averages, I guess, given how much IT has been pushed out there.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
      X