• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tips for a new role (London, Germany, Netherlands, Gibraltar)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You also need to factor in expenses such as travel and accommodation, especially in regards to the roles based abroad / away from home.

Comment

Which of the towns in your list have you been to already?
      I see you describe Gib as boring with not much to do, so that must mean you've spent a lot of time there to make that statement.
      The Netherlands is a country, which town in that country are the contracts?
      How frequently would you be coming back to the UK?
      What language skills do you have?
      What are your travel options for getting to/from the UK?
      What accommodation would you have in country?
      What transportation would you have in country?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

If the role in NL is at ING, I was offered that role at 800 euros I declined it as after tax and expenses its better to have a £450 pd one locally which is lower then my usual rate

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          If the role in NL is at ING, I was offered that role at 800 euros I declined it as after tax and expenses its better to have a £450 pd one locally which is lower then my usual rate
          Exactly and a very good point.
          Very relevant even if the role pays 1000 euros per day, obviously dependent on UK day rate.

Hopefully the OP is busying himself with all the necessary research now.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

If you're going to be living and working in Zurich, make sure you check the rental prices out first too. They're more eye-watering than a knee to the nuggets.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              If you're going to be living and working in Zurich, make sure you check the rental prices out first too. They're more eye-watering than a knee to the nuggets.
              Plus you have to use an umbrella.
              not really worth it if you have a £550-600 PD role close to your home.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
              X