• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client not flexible with hours

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I've absolutely no idea what 'this is the real world' is supposed to mean but Village is correct and no one is denying it. It 'shouldn't' be a problem and it's possible to get over it. A week off and then other crap afterwards such as in the OP's case isn't going to end well for them.

It's not an ideal situation, it can be overcome but it can also be the start of a very sorry state of affairs. If all this happened a month after he'd started and he'd gained the clients trust they wouldn't bat an eyelid. The timing is critical.
    You've over-thought the situation. Someone has posted an alternative opinion to you so Bee has liked it and supported it because she can't stand you.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      You've over-thought the situation. Someone has posted an alternative opinion to you so Bee has liked it and supported it because she can't stand you.
      Ahhh. Thanks for that. All becomes clear.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        But you are a super expensive supplier that earns too much. You waltz in for a week or two and the disappear.....
        The first month is where you make or break your reputation. It's probably the worst possible start to engagement whatever the reason you are off.
        Totally agree that the first month is make or break and, personally, I'd only ever go off sick in that 1st month if I was really ill, however, if this does befall you then in your own defence against your first point, whilst you are a super expensive supplier, you're not billing the client for that time you're off. I know it still doesn't look good, but not charging the client for your illness, unlike a permie, is at least something.

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
          Totally agree that the first month is make or break and, personally, I'd only ever go off sick in that 1st month if I was really ill, however, if this does befall you then in your own defence against your first point, whilst you are a super expensive supplier, you're not billing the client for that time you're off. I know it still doesn't look good, but not charging the client for your illness, unlike a permie, is at least something.
          No this is for the whole contract. But end of the day if you're ill then you're ill.

If I was really badly ill in the first few weeks, I'd apologise to client etc and try to get back asap. If they were still a dick about it then its unlikely that this gig is going to last a long time.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X