• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Notice period question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    So negotiate. If the project is over they might want rid and everyone is happy with no need to worry about it on here.
    They do not want to negotiate going to go straight to HR tomorrow its a ridiculous situation now the work has dried up why keep someone for almost 2 weeks & pay them if no work & they are keen to move on from an untenable situation.

They are also hiring replacements @ £1000 per month less (the real reason they do not want to allow an early termination methinks!!). Highly illegal obviously but proving it is something else altogether.

Comment

You are getting so upset you are starting to make mistakes. They are your client but you have no contractual agreement with them. Your contract is with the agent. Going in and moaning to HR (I mean... HR? Really?) is not very smart. And it's not highly illegal at all.

You are starting to make yourself look a bit of a eejit now to be honest.

You've served notice as is your right so just be professional and see it out. Acting like a cock won't help. Just be thankful it's only 8 days.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 30 August 2016, 21:38.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
        I was not given an option on my notice I was told in a contractual basis manner as in your contract says this so this is what you must do. Only after this client meeting did I look into the small print & see it says days not working or calendar.
        You need to think about holding the cards, or at least one card. Why would you not read 'the small print' before you quit? It's the legal basis of you providing the service!
        Do some prep next time
        Last edited by TheBA; 30 August 2016, 21:40.

Comment

now the work has dried up each day is just sit there amuse yourself then go out to lunch on time & go home on time.
          sounds like you're gonna get paid for 8 days of job seeking, better than doing it for free

Comment

Phone in sick? Don't turn up? You don't seem to care about your reputation with the company.

If you've not got paid yet then make your time sheets have been signed etc

Comment

Blimey, if there was an award for CUK Bedwetter Of the Year, the OP would walk it
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

They do not want to negotiate going to go straight to HR tomorrow its a ridiculous situation now the work has dried up why keep someone for almost 2 weeks & pay them if no work & they are keen to move on from an untenable situation.

They are also hiring replacements @ £1000 per month less (the real reason they do not want to allow an early termination methinks!!). Highly illegal obviously but proving it is something else altogether.
                Is it obvious?
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                X