• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Something new for contractors...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PortSalutBoss View Post
    You pay a margin on top of your pay with an agency... So money is still involved you just don't see it coming out of your pocket.

So because you pay your umbrella your more inclined to be picky about which you use? & With agency your not really fussed as long as you have the right role?
    No I don't.

The agency provides a service to the client. The client pays the premium.
    The umbrella provides a service to me. I pay for that service.

Hence why contractors rate umbrella companies and also hence why clients should be the ones rating agencies.

Here's a hypothesis for you:
    If ten candidates go in for a gig via a particular agency and one gets it, one in ten will think they're a good agent, two at most.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      The fact you are employed by an umbrella but contracted to an agent makes them so different you can't compare. The whole model is different so different expectations, commitments etc. I'm pretty staggered by your comments. If you can't understand two fundamentally different things how can you hope to succeed??
      The models are different but Umbrellas are reviewed and agencies (at the moment) are not. if this a place did exist where agencies were rated (pretend there is not libel issues) and you saw that you were about to take a contract with an agency that was terrible would you be put off? Or would the role be enough to win you over even though they're terrible? Or is there something else they could do to win your trust?

Comment

The models are different but Umbrellas are reviewed and agencies (at the moment) are not. if this a place did exist where agencies were rated (pretend there is not libel issues) and you saw that you were about to take a contract with an agency that was terrible would you be put off? Or would the role be enough to win you over even though they're terrible? Or is there something else they could do to win your trust?
        Just go and do it and see what replies you get. You sound a bit rapey, refusing to take no for an answer.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

What would you do?

Are you even a contractor?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You are getting seriously annoying now... Have you read the criteria for the ratings on AUAE website? I bet you haven't......

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              You are getting seriously annoying now... Have you read the criteria for the ratings on AUAE website? I bet you haven't......

Always considered it rather a shame that we cannot rate threads on the Professional forums
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Always considered it rather a shame that we cannot rate threads on the Professional forums
                Definitely an argument for moving to General there.

Comment

In the same agency I've dealt with idiots, incompetent fools and capable people.

So any rating about an agency particularly a large one I would take with a pince of salt.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Jesus, it's the people who said "I'm out" at the start that are keeping this thread alive - just stop replying if you have nothing to add

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
                      Jesus, it's the people who said "I'm out" at the start that are keeping this thread alive - just stop replying if you have nothing to add
                      But we do because he does and now you do.

Comment

Working...
                      X