• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Logic...Any Reasoning ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Can't believe you are making such a scene of it to be honest.
    Appreciate you being honest. However I wouldn't say I am making a scene of it, merely the logic of the agency behaviour has got me stumped.

Comment

Normal agency behaviour. All in the pursuit of references. Move on.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        Appreciate you being honest. However I wouldn't say I am making a scene of it, merely the logic of the agency behaviour has got me stumped.
        2 pages why an agent didn't send an email. I'd say that's a scene. It's done. God knows why he didn't. Try ringing him and find out. If not, move on.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          2 pages why an agent didn't send an email. I'd say that's a scene. It's done. God knows why he didn't. Try ringing him and find out. If not, move on.
          you learn to accept that agencies mislead you and waste your time, but occasionally they seem to waste everyones time and you crack.

Comment

The role has gone. Accept it and move on.
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
              The role has gone. Accept it and move on.
              Usually, even if you have someone in mind for a role, they will still advertise it.
              Obviously you wouldn't take people as far as interview if that was the case.

Also, budget may not be signed off, or they tulip canned the thing.

Man up an move on
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

He may have contacted a few contractors and agreed a lower rate with someone else, i.e. a higher margin for himself, or perhaps he spoke with the client and found out they'd pulled the role.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  He may have contacted a few contractors and agreed a lower rate with someone else, i.e. a higher margin for himself, or perhaps he spoke with the client and found out they'd pulled the role.
                  I always assume it to be this ^ unless the call was obviously fishing for contacts.

Even if they do get back to you some time later, you'll probably never know whether the other contractor got rejected and the agent was holding you in reserve, or if there was a more genuine delay.

Comment

Even without references, it's a fishing trip.

If, say, you've been an ABAP programmer at Tesco, the agent will ask you more details about it. He'll then fish out his two best benched ABAP people and send their cvs to Tesco.

Rinse and repeat for ever previous client that you gave details for.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Sorry it was me that called you, just need a couple of references, your bank details, pin code, wifes bra size and 1000 bit coins and we'll get your CV right over.

Comment

Working...
                      X