• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract coming to an end.. CV Review?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't there a webinar?

Is it downloadable?

Comment

Yup, another webinar on the 15th - http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...-profiles.html

Definitely worth checking out as the feedback from them so far has been good.

Comment

I'll watch the webinar, thanks.

NluK, re expense... Didn't think so..

Comment

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
          I'll watch the webinar, thanks.

NluK, re expense... Didn't think so..
          Be interesting to know if you make any changes after the webinar .
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I guess I had my CV peer reviewed once. I got an email from an Indian guy asking to be considered for a role at my company - he'd attached his CV.

Opened it up and it was a rip-off of my own CV - same formatting & wording. Pretty much the only things changed were employers/dates.

Not sure the exact source he'd got a copy of my CV from ...

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
              I guess I had my CV peer reviewed once. I got an email from an Indian guy asking to be considered for a role at my company - he'd attached his CV.

Opened it up and it was a rip-off of my own CV - same formatting & wording. Pretty much the only things changed were employers/dates.

Not sure the exact source he'd got a copy of my CV from ...
              Similar happened to me...but to be fair a winning CV style isn't as uncommon as you think.

I laughed when I read the brief personal statement which was a carbon copy of my own
              "His fame rested on solid personal achievements...."

Comment

I went with https://www.thefullercv.com/.

The 'review' cost me £400 and they ripped me off in the end. Terrible experience. I've heard of others having the same gripe.

Avoid.

Comment

Working...
                X