• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Re-activate SC Clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was quite pleased when I obtained SC clearance but with the upcoming PS changes, I'm not sure I'll ever need it again.

Comment

The holding company can also refuse to forward it on. Where I work this has happened a few times and the people have to be re-cleared.
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
        The holding company can also refuse to forward it on. Where I work this has happened a few times and the people have to be re-cleared.
        Really? That's news to me. It may not be transferable from say defence to police but I didn't know they could just refuse. That sounds ludicrous.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by westtester View Post
          I was quite pleased when I obtained SC clearance but with the upcoming PS changes, I'm not sure I'll ever need it again.
          There are private companies who do government and defence work where you never have to set foot on a government or police site. They use contractors as well and you have to be cleared.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Really? That's news to me. It may not be transferable from say defence to police but I didn't know they could just refuse. That sounds ludicrous.
            I think its to do with the company that initially clears you has to pay for it, usually there is a gentleman agreement that no one does refuse or it will happen vice versa. I had to wait weeks for my certificate to be transferred before I could access the secret network, because previously other companies (GCHQ being one) wouldn't pass on the certs.
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Thanks for the replies all.

I spoke with the security team at my previous place today and they told me that they still hold my SC and it is indeed still valid, which is good news.

I think I set the cat amongst the pigeons though when I told them my reasoning for calling, I don't think the security guy who said it was going to be revoked had either the authority or the right to remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boss View Post
                Thanks for the replies all.

I spoke with the security team at my previous place today and they told me that they still hold my SC and it is indeed still valid, which is good news.

I think I set the cat amongst the pigeons though when I told them my reasoning for calling, I don't think the security guy who said it was going to be revoked had either the authority or the right to remove it.
                Good news. I think that counts as a result for the good guys.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                X