• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And so it begins...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've been mildly amusing so far. If you carry on this way we may be forced to change your user name. Suggestions so far:

Cleaning Agent
    Estate Agent
    Stupid Agent

We will have a vote on it though so it will be done fairly.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
      You've been mildly amusing so far. If you carry on this way we may be forced to change your user name. Suggestions so far:

Cleaning Agent
      Estate Agent
      Stupid Agent

Can I throw in 'Secret Agent' - a little more cred than Cleaning Agent, although I have been called Mr Muscle before

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
        Just had an agent ping me about a contract, granted the role had no relevance to my skill set but this line in his email shows that winter has indeed come...

"As this is a government client you will therefore need be working inside IR35."
        Was this an MOD role? Can you let us know who/where it was?

Currently they are the only PS dept who we knew were forcibly putting everyone inside IR35, ahead of the new rules.

Comment

Originally posted by nucastle View Post

Currently they are the only PS dept who we knew were forcibly putting everyone inside IR35, ahead of the new rules.
          Don't know exactly where but the email states Taunton as the location and mentions SC clearance will be provided if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
            Don't know exactly where but the email states Taunton as the location and mentions SC clearance will be provided if necessary.
            UK Hydrographic Office most likely.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post

Cleaning Agent
              Estate Agent
              Stupid Agent

Bleaching Agent?
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Bleaching Agent?
                May cause irritation if you come into contact with it, sounds bang on.

Comment

Originally posted by nucastle View Post

I'd heard rumours that some DWP roles in Leeds/Manchester were forcing new starters inside but the rates were being increased to factor this in.

Comment

I got a call about a PS role. For a laugh I asked them what they thought would happen come April. "We think this will just affect local Gov initially as the rest of Gov can't afford to lose everyone, so we don't see it being a big deal". Yeah....sign me up.....

Comment

Originally posted by Murder1 View Post
                      I'd heard rumours that some DWP roles in Leeds/Manchester were forcing new starters inside but the rates were being increased to factor this in.
                      A bunch of pimps were whining on LI a few weeks ago that they couldn't find permie Java devs in Leeds for love or money as DWP were paying 570 a day contract rates, in Leeds FFS!, it's all smoke and mirrors.

Comment

Working...
                      X