• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And so it begins...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And so it begins...

Just had an agent ping me about a contract, granted the role had no relevance to my skill set but this line in his email shows that winter has indeed come...

"As this is a government client you will therefore need be working inside IR35."

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    Just had an agent ping me about a contract, granted the role had no relevance to my skill set but this line in his email shows that winter has indeed come...

"As this is a government client you will therefore need be working inside IR35."
    That's an odd one. Can't see why it being a government client would make any difference to IR35. Did you ask why?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
      That's an odd one. Can't see why it being a government client would make any difference to IR35. Did you ask why?
      Oh good grief. Don't you know about your own industry???

http://forums.contractoruk.com/futur...-launched.html

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Oh good grief. Don't you know about your own industry???

http://forums.contractoruk.com/futur...-launched.html

lol, well I don't recruit in the public sector so not really my industry at all. Looks like a consultation to me, has this come into force then?

*edit

"Any changes to legislation will be subject to a short technical consultation and the legislation would apply from April 2017" - so it means nothing at the moment, still can't see why an agency would be insisting on it now

Comment

lol, well I don't recruit in the public sector so not really my industry at all. Looks like a consultation to me, has this come into force then?
          Oh dear oh dear...

Comment

Oh dear oh dear...
            Insightful, thanks for your comment

Comment

Oh dear oh dear...
              From the OP's other posts, looks like we've landed another good 'un.

Comment

lol, well I don't recruit in the public sector so not really my industry at all.
                First they came for the PS Agents and I did not speak out because I was not a PS Agent

Comment

Insightful, thanks for your comment
                  Sounds like my 5 year old has more insight that you, how as an agent can you not know about the IR35 public sector changes that have come into force recently...

Comment

Sounds like my 5 year old has more insight that you, how as an agent can you not know about the IR35 public sector changes that have come into force recently.
                    Looks like they haven't come into force? It's a consultation.

I don't touch public sector recruitment at all that's how I don't know about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X