• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Attending face to face interviews

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    True.

However, if it dies down you start on about it again.
    I actually think you enjoy the trolling nature of it all.....
    No like I said I've been told off for starting on about it but I'm not going to ignore if anyone else starts it am I?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
      This whole thread is an exercise in trolling, isn't it? Supposedly experienced contractor in his mid to late forties can't make his mind as to whether to attend an interview? This is all a load of bulltulip isn't it.
      Nope. Why is it wrong to be interested in opinions of others and start a bit of a discussion?

Some of you lot are way too precious and scared to start a thread, I'm sure. Jeez- its just a thread on an internet forum. THAT IS ALL. It doesn't hurt anyone or cost anyone any money pretty much so just walk past if you're not interested.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        This.

You are going to get it mentioned because you've spent years going on about it so the only way you are going to change things is to shut up about it and maybe other will let it slide. A good example is you inability to make simple contractor decisions for yourself. You were famed for it years ago but you haven't really posted anything particularly stupid for awhile so people start forgetting or hope you've changed. Sadly this thread has proven otherwise but you were nearly there.

People will mention it, that's your fault. It's now up to you to ignore it and see if it reduces over time. Look at NWP2C. He bailed his first 4 or 5 gigs and by god did he get some stick for it. It's rarely mentioned when he posts now and when it is he just ignores it so was no fun winding him up anymore. He moved on, time for you to do the same.

That is, unless MM is right which would be very sad.
        Ha ha. But I don't really care if people do mention it. Its my opinion and its not the opinion of others - so what?

OK, I have been asked/told by the mods to not deliberately cause an argument so I will stop doing that.

But Im not going to ever be ashamed of my views on the subject and hope I get 'forgiven' on this forum.

I agree its gone on way too far. But, lets all put the toys away, and agree to disagree on this one?

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          No like I said I've been told off for starting on about it but I'm not going to ignore if anyone else starts it am I?
          Errrm, you could try
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            Errrm, you could try
            OK maybe. But I'm wrong for not ignoring but others are ok to keep coming up with the abuse and funny comments?

You can guarantee I could start a thread about carrot growing in Panama and someone would be able to crowbar in a comment about JSA

Because they're with the in crowd on this forum maybe?

Comment

Well it would be the sensible thing to do....
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

OK maybe. But I'm wrong for not ignoring but others are ok to keep coming up with the abuse and funny comments?

You can guarantee I could start a thread about carrot growing in Panama and someone would be able to crowbar in a comment about JSA

Because they're with the in crowd on this forum maybe?
                But that's how the mechanics work in these situations. You've set a reputation, people will judge you on it and keep mentioning it so it's up to you to change or remove that reputation. You are changing hearts and minds which is the hardest one to change but you've got to start somewhere.

And the 'in' crowd? That's more or less everyone so do you not think it's more a case of you being part of the 'out' crowd which is distinctly separate to the normal operation of the forum?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Ha ha. But I don't really care if people do mention it. Its my opinion and its not the opinion of others - so what?

OK, I have been asked/told by the mods to not deliberately cause an argument so I will stop doing that.

But Im not going to ever be ashamed of my views on the subject and hope I get 'forgiven' on this forum.

I agree its gone on way too far. But, lets all put the toys away, and agree to disagree on this one?

Comment

NWP2C was in the same boat, he was tarred with a few newbie indiscretions but managed to shurg the reputation, you have two choices, fight back anyone who takes the piss, or laugh it off an keep invoicing, the more you do the first, the more it will keep coming up.
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      NWP2C was in the same boat, he was tarred with a few newbie indiscretions but managed to shurg the reputation, you have two choices, fight back anyone who takes the piss, or laugh it off an keep invoicing, the more you do the first, the more it will keep coming up.
                      He's got plenty of time on his hands, so why not?

Comment

Working...
                      X