• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to search for remote working contract opportunites?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Why are having a pop at me? I've don't think I've done anything wrong in this thread? Post more useful stuff then so it isn't just my experience on the boards if its a problem to you. Sorry for trying to help I'm sure.

And as a mod I don't think you should be abusing other posters.
    I hold up a general garment. You pronounce it a perfect fit. Also, you're being a bit precious. 1) you said MarkyMark's question was reasonable, which, given a certain amount of thought and the benefit of experience, it isn't 2) The concussed Bee comment was aimed at MarkyMark, as he was the one who suggested the question was stupid, and, furthermore, concussed Bee was a play on words, since Bee is the poster.

However, if you're feeling hurt and offended that I take it all back. You haven't the intelligence of a concussed Bee.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      I hold up a general garment. You pronounce it a perfect fit. Also, you're being a bit precious. 1) you said MarkyMark's question was reasonable, which, given a certain amount of thought and the benefit of experience, it isn't 2) The concussed Bee comment was aimed at MarkyMark, as he was the one who suggested the question was stupid, and, furthermore, concussed Bee was a play on words, since Bee is the poster and posts like he/she is contantly concussed
      FTFY

It's perfectly reasonable. You might think it's wrong as it's his opinion but it's reasonable to ask. Saying it was stupid was far more out of order.

Markymark said it was poppycock. It was Bee that said it was stupid.

However, if you're feeling hurt and offended that I take it all back. You haven't the intelligence of a concussed Bee.
      Yeah I should thin.... Hang on a minute.... Whaaaat?!!?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

1) you said MarkyMark's question was reasonable, which, given a certain amount of thought and the benefit of experience, it isn't 2) The concussed Bee comment was aimed at MarkyMark, as he was the one who suggested the question was stupid, and, furthermore, concussed Bee was a play on words, since Bee is the poster.
        You already said you agreed in some cases it does hold true; i.e. some clients wouldn't care if it was on the CV or not?
        So it is reasonable in some cases, correct?

As for saying its true for people in demand, not necessarily true, it depends on exactly what you do. I have had some pure remote roles and ones that required periods of people all working on site together.

This is true for the bog standard contractor. It isn't true for people who's skills are in demand. It also isn't true across the board. I've seen many contract offers which state explicitly - remote working is possible.
        FTFY
        It's perfectly reasonable. You might think it's wrong as it's his opinion but it's reasonable to ask. Saying it was stupid was far more out of order.
        Wrong enough for an infraction, unfortunately, still not the first time NATs moderation has been "well suspect", as they used to say in Essex
        Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 7 July 2016, 16:48.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Wrong enough for an infraction, unfortunately, still not the first time NATs moderation has been "well suspect", as they used to say in Essex
          You got an infraction for that? I thought I was unpopular with the mods!

What did you put that was snipped? You sure it wasn't for swearing? I would hope Bee got one as well if that was the case.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

What did you put that was snipped? You sure it wasn't for swearing? I would hope Bee got one as well if that was the case.
            Indeed. I used the true acronym for who gives a tulip.

Anyways no sweat
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
              Do you specifically mention the location then? I've never done it, but I've been WFH for a long time now. Never thoguht about putting it on the CV though.
              No, I prefer to be on site, but following the topic of this thread and if you want to continue to have WFH roles I would put for the reasons I pointed out.

Yes, if I manage a team or a project remotely from the office, it's important to mention in the CV because it became a common practice.

Comment

Why are having a pop at me? I've don't think I've done anything wrong in this thread? Post more useful stuff then so it isn't just my experience on the boards if its a problem to you. Sorry for trying to help I'm sure.

And as a mod I don't think you should be abusing other posters.
                Thats it NAT. Edit his sig - that'll show him how things are done on this forum....
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Whys that NLUK? Can't believe it with your friendly, helpful attitude to new posters on here.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Little bit disingenuous there.
                    Indeed. I used the true acronym
                    As you are well aware, obviously, you got an infraction for the acronym. Not for the opinion. If it makes you feel any happier, you weren't the only one infracted over this
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Little bit disingenuous there.
                      As you are well aware, obviously, you got an infraction for the acronym. Not for the opinion.
                      If it makes you feel any happier, you weren't the only one infracted over this
                      Not really as I stated that I thought that was the reason in my post. I didn't know an acronym could be considered an infraction.

As for some of your previous moderations, against me being a bit Iffy, I stand by that.

As I said, no sweat, let's leave it at that.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X