• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Secured job interview but

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secured job interview but

3h before I was due to attend they ask if they can move it to the next day?
    I say fine but the next morning they phone and say the position has gone as they interviewed someone yesterday

Lovely people not.

tulip happens.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

So they interviewed someone they wanted, put the offer to them, they accepted next day so didn't need to see you. You've not lost anything as you were in second place. It's how the game goes.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Happens all the time. Until your onsite on your last day & have been fully paid for the contract duration its all fluid and up in the air. End clients in general also have an unhelpful attitude towards contractors so your just seen as a resource no more no less regardless of how good/bad you are!

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
          Happens all the time. Until your onsite on your last day & have been fully paid for the contract duration its all fluid and up in the air. End clients in general also have an unhelpful attitude towards contractors so your just seen as a resource no more no less regardless of how good/bad you are!
          My experiences have largely been different. Obviously, consultancy gigs can be like that, especially if its quite short term.
          Depends on how much value, they perceive they are getting I guess, it could be you are not making enough impact in that area.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Isn't that BAU?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              My experiences have largely been different. Obviously, consultancy gigs can be like that, especially if its quite short term.
              Depends on how much value, they perceive they are getting I guess, it could be you are not making enough impact in that area.
              This. I think the original comment was a load of rubbish.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You're more likely to get messed about at the interview stage than the start stage based on my experiences. Largely because they've not met you so don't give as much of a hoot about messing you around.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

IMHO that not cool behaviour from client. I would suggest if they invite you for interview they should follow through.

Fair enough they might like this first candidate but you might be better.

Of course, danger is they've got the first one lined up but just interview you anyway rather than let you down and waste your time. Not sure which is worse to be honest.

Anyway, in business, there is no need to act like a nobhead.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
                    3h before I was due to attend they ask if they can move it to the next day?
                    I say fine but the next morning they phone and say the position has gone as they interviewed someone yesterday
                    Sounds like they did you a big favour by not wasting your time. It's more likely that they had already made an offer to the other guy and were stalling for time while the offer was being considered. Had things gone another way, it's likely they would have gone forward with your interview.

Personally I would be much more inclined to get angry if my time had been wasted making a trip to the client and then going through a sham interview when an offer had already been made to someone else.

Comment

Working...
                    X