• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New to contracting - how often do they get cancelled?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisFromGreece View Post
    To be fair, assuming I start my gig in two months time, all the accounting expenses (which I can claim back but I need to pay now) along with the IPSE registration etc is a bit of a stretch for me at the moment.

Was looking more specifically at QDOS since they offer all I will require in their Plus package (including formation, IR35 checks and insurance, plus business insurance). Only think I may need to add is the TLC35.
    No, you must add !

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
      No, you must add !
      I will add then!!!

@kaiser78, yeah I get what you are saying.

However currently, I am still working as a permie, and will hand in my notice once I get the contract in my hands. Is the suggestion then that once I hand in my notice, I keep looking around in case the contract agreed falls off?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I've never had it happen in 8 years. Someone on here had it happen twice in a year. It's part of the game and it's not really a big deal as you will still be looking right up to the day you start so had nothing in the end anyway.

"Tell me about it, Brother"

Comment

However currently, I am still working as a permie, and will hand in my notice once I get the contract in my hands. Is the suggestion then that once I hand in my notice, I keep looking around in case the contract agreed falls off?
          On that point, yes, you should keep looking until you enter the client site.

Some paranoid users here keep looking until they get their first invoice paid !!

BTW, have you got a warchest?

Comment

I've never had a contract cancelled (but this is only my second).

Make sure you have enough of a war chest in case your contract is cancelled. If you don't have one it's a risk, so make sure you save as much as you can and don't go spending everything you earn

Comment

I will add then!!!

@kaiser78, yeah I get what you are saying.

Yes, exactly this.

Comment

Warchest not massive, around £5K.

Will keep looking then just to be on the safe side.

On a another note, had a chat with Troy from QDOS earlier today... great experience, great advice, so am sold and will be joining them today. I know it's on the expensive side (£175+VAT/month) but it includes insurance plus the IR35 checks, so I think it's a good deal.

Will hurt while on my permie salary but it's a hit I need to take.

Comment

Warchest not massive, around £5K.

Will keep looking then just to be on the safe side.

On a another note, had a chat with Troy from QDOS earlier today... great experience, great advice, so am sold and will be joining them today. I know it's on the expensive side (£175+VAT/month) but it includes insurance plus the IR35 checks, so I think it's a good deal.

Will hurt while on my permie salary but it's a hit I need to take.
                  Hang on there mate !! £175 + VAT per month ?!

What options have you gone for?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                    Hang on there mate !! £175 + VAT per month ?!

What options have you gone for?
                    No added options to that.

It's the QDOS ASSURED PLUS package

https://www.qdosaccounting.com/packages/

Comment

No added options to that.

It's the QDOS ASSURED PLUS package

https://www.qdosaccounting.com/packages/
                      It appears to have TLC35 and the PI/PL insurances included so not a bad deal. I hope this isn't a way around them paying my Amazon vouchers by saying it doesn't apply to accounting customers.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X