• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The mistake you are making is thinking that agents understand the market they are recruiting for. They don't.

If the keywords match on your CV, you fulfil other criteria (some of which is illegal) and they can negotiate your rate at the right level then your CV goes forward.
    Getting through the keyword bingo round is always a challenge but the example described elsewhere where the agent couldn't find a suitable Developer in the East Midlands at a fair rate and could only conjure up Indians who couldn't speak the language.

I know Nottingham isn't London but it is hardly the Outer Hebrides either. They might not be experts in the field they are recruiting in but the time and time again fail to put forward suitable candidates.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
      Getting through the keyword bingo round is always a challenge but the example described elsewhere where the agent couldn't find a suitable Developer in the East Midlands at a fair rate and could only conjure up Indians who couldn't speak the language.

I know Nottingham isn't London but it is hardly the Outer Hebrides either. They might not be experts in the field they are recruiting in but the time and time again fail to put forward suitable candidates.
      Having had to recruit, 6 people for a project some of the standard of CV I have seen have been shocking.
      Luckily, I have a good outside agent who personally sent me CVs so I could vet them first to actually get the right ones through.

Obviously, lots of dirty tricks when the client has basically outsourced HR to an agency and they are fully embedded.
      I'm not going to go into detail about the dirty tricks played, lies and breaking of contractual rules with the client, just on a couple of dealings with them.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

That's because they fulfilled the other criteria which is illegal.

It happens all the time. Agents think clients aren't aware of it but if the hiring manager is subject to it themselves or someone like me turns up they know which agents to avoid. Then again some clients ask for it...
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

That's because they fulfilled the other criteria which is illegal.

It happens all the time. Agents think clients aren't aware of it but if the hiring manager is subject to it themselves or someone like me turns up they know which agents to avoid. Then again some clients ask for it...
          I am probably being thick here but what is this other criteria?

Comment

I am probably being thick here but what is this other criteria?
            All the stuff the discrimination laws are in place to guard against and then some. It's also called "team fit".

Comment

All the stuff the discrimination laws are in place to guard against and then some. It's also called "team fit".
              The government have "cultural fit" as standard evaluation criteria for some of its framework agreements.

Comment

Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post
                The government have "cultural fit" as standard evaluation criteria for some of its framework agreements.
                Government culture fit simply means you aren't a member of certain extremist groups and won't discriminate against people.

Comment

Government culture fit simply means you aren't a member of certain extremist groups and won't discriminate against people.
                  That's me out then, I support UKIP.

Comment

Indeed, the criteria tend to be about having an agile mindset, teamwork, bringing enthusiasm etc, so members of the Prince 2 extremist group are not eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      That's me out then, I support UKIP.
                      UKIP aren't extreme. They invited on TV mainstream political programmes and panel shows.

Comment

Working...
                      X