• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simes View Post
    Quick question for those on the bench.

Bearing in mind the dire-ness of the market, are people applying equally for Inside as well as Outside IR35 roles?
    Not seen any relevant inside contracts, so all have been outside for me.

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
      Quick question for those on the bench.

Bearing in mind the dire-ness of the market, are people applying equally for Inside as well as Outside IR35 roles?
      First post on here after a long time reading and learning!

I've been on the bench since mid May and applied for an inside role a couple of weeks ago. Totally forgot about it as heard nothing back and then had a call out of the blue last week, interview midweek and job offered.

I've taken it as the uplift from my usual day rate was enough to make it no worse off than my last outside role. It's a London based client, however fully remote (I'm Manchester based).

Just need to work out the best payment method now.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueManc View Post

I've been on the bench since mid May and applied for an inside role a couple of weeks ago. Totally forgot about it as heard nothing back and then had a call out of the blue last week, interview midweek and job offered.

I've taken it as the uplift from my usual day rate was enough to make it no worse off than my last outside role. It's a London based client, however fully remote (I'm Manchester based).

I'm sure Rihanna can help!

Comment

Originally posted by hungry_hog View Post
          I'm sure Rihanna can help!
          Better have my money!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueManc View Post

You say you've been offered job? You'll be paid like every other permie won't you??
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

5 weeks on the bench now.

Had three rounds of interviews for a perm role, and one interview for a contract role. No outcome on either role yet.

Apart from these two jobs, there's been absolutely nothing else. I'm also seeing that companies are increasingly cutting out recruitment agencies and hiring directly to trim down costs. Although his trend had already started pre-pandemic.

Comment

Starting week 7. No interviews.

Comment

Not a sausage here - I have applied to Tesco for temp delivery driver to try to keep active

Comment

In June I had interviews for 2 contracts. Each one with 2 stages of interviews.

After 5 weeks in the works for each, I finally got told I didn't get one of them, and I'm still waiting for the other one to reach a decision, even after great feedback.

Comment

I have small remote job at the moment and its seems to be guaranteed for another year so I am kind of afraid of risking some contracts considering that my current engagement is very flexible and in case getting new contract I can squeeze 2 of them and have 2 clients... So no way for me moving anywhere abroad even when I see some movement on the market - its still tulipty.

Comment

Working...
                      X