• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whilst I think both Labour and the Conservatives over the last two decades must take some of the blame, for me most of the blame lies with the corporations seeking cheaper and cheaper resource without considering quality or the total cost of ownership.

I've been on countless projects in which consultancies and contractors have been replaced by InfoSys, TCS etc. This decision was never down to government policy but due to the project falling for the same MO that all Indian consultancies follow.

Low ball the bid / offer time and materials / people for free. This gets the Programme excited, all existing contractors and consultancies are replaced. Then 6 months down the line, come back with ah we didn't mean free...

Comment

Originally posted by Cookielove View Post
      There are now so many candidates we are well and truly sunk....another IT role on LI 480 applicants ...the visa system has well and truly scuppered the UK workforce what a sad state of affairs
      It's been demonstrated time and time again that folks shouldn't be put off by the number of applications to roles on LI as there is very little quality control. An agent I know had similar, 500+ applications and less than a dozen vaguely worth considering. 80%+ were overseas folks without the skills or needing visa support.

Comment

Yep I know that..... but the numbers are still eye wateringly high!

Comment

Working...
        X