• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Datamatics contact - probably a scam?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Datamatics contact - probably a scam?

Ola, I got a call from an Indian chap today reading a script and talking about the recent budget news and how I could save loads a money. I listened cos I kinda felt sorry and the guy did not even take a breath as he read the details out. In any case, he emailed me this <link removed> which looks legit.

He also emailed me this unbranded brochure <link removed>.

I'm personally not tempted to join any such scheme as I think paying some tax is just a good thing to do. Politicians gotta eat!! Has anyone else received similar contact and is it a scam?
    Heaven is a place called "Invoice Paid"

Did it sound too good to be true? You think anything an Indian chap reads out from a script is legit?

You tried googling it yet?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by despot View Post
      Ola, I got a call from an Indian chap today reading a script and talking about the recent budget news and how I could save loads a money. I listened cos I kinda felt sorry and the guy did not even take a breath as he read the details out. In any case, he emailed me this <link removed> which looks legit.

He also emailed me this unbranded <link removed>.

I'm personally not tempted to join any such scheme as I think paying some tax is just a good thing to do. Politicians gotta eat!! Has anyone else received similar contact and is it a scam?
      I need to double check but I'm 95% share that what they are claiming is not how double tax treaties work
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

defo too good to be true ... I googled "datamatics scam" and got this <link removed> - looks like they are well dodgy! Them thar criminals are so crafty!!

Cheers mate

Comment

Can't be that crafty when a couple of minutes on Google sorts it out.

Comment

i think the inner-tory in me was screaming for a tax evasion solution

Comment

Next time he rings up say...

'Mere Chuus Maro Lund choosu'

The conversation should perk up a little.

Comment

... that i did google!

I took another look at the senders email address and the domain name 'datamaticsuk.com' is different to the website link in his email <link removed> which looks professional. I expect that the scammer may be completely unrelated to datamatics.

Comment

Originally posted by despot View Post
                  Ola, I got a call from an Indian chap today reading a script and talking about the recent budget news and how I could save loads a money. I listened cos I kinda felt sorry and the guy did not even take a breath as he read the details out. In any case, he emailed me this<link removed> which looks legit.

He also emailed me this unbranded <link removed>.

They are still 2022, very much active. Just received a call from a guy and he was talking about an job opportunity. I asked him to email me the job details. He emailed me some generic job spec with long term contract, which did matched roughly with my profile. So asked him more details about the client, location and rate. He called back immediately, he mentioned the client as "Asda", but on talking on the rate he started discussing about the accounting services they offer for free and the take home ratio etc etc. I insisted on the rate, but he asked his manager to talk and after 1 min the manager came and he started talking the same stuff.

There email address and email footer and website looks genuine but I am 100% sure they are <mod snip>.
                  Datamatics HR & Consultancy LTD
                  <link removed>

Comment

Working...
                  X