• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Left for the holy grail permie job - not settling in at all

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogzilla View Post
    Maybe there is a forum where you can go and discuss all these benefits with like minded people?
    Maybe there's a forum where you're welcomed and valued member of the community?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Maybe there's a forum where you're welcomed and valued member of the community?
      If I'd have known it was going to get like this seriously I'd have brought my handbag in.

It's not a personal dig at anyone, but I thought this was forum around contracting so I do find it a little strange when people keep talking about their permie job and their permie benefits and the multitude of reasons why they decided to take the job. I'm have no animosity towards their choices but it's like going into a BMW forum and banging on about how much I love my AUDI.

Comment

I apologise and have given myself a telling off for bickering in a Professional forum.

However, we have contractors who dip in and out of permiedom and telling them to find another forum is not in the spirit of CUK.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

it's like going into a BMW forum and banging on about how much I love my AUDI.
          I'm sure that's been done before. Or something similar.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

If I'd have known it was going to get like this seriously I'd have brought my handbag in.

It's not a personal dig at anyone, but I thought this was forum around contracting so I do find it a little strange when people keep talking about their permie job and their permie benefits and the multitude of reasons why they decided to take the job. I'm have no animosity towards their choices but it's like going into a BMW forum and banging on about how much I love my AUDI.
            There is also a massive difference between a forum about stuff you own and one discussing careers/lifestyles.
            Last edited by northernladuk; 18 March 2016, 18:48.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              What I find interesting OP is that you took a £60k role.

I contract out at £420-£480 a day, and I wouldn't take less than £75k (I have recently been exploring a permie role myself).

HTH
              Agree with that one. I am on similar rates as the OP, and I wouldn't consider anything less than £70-£75k if Perm.

Comment

Working...
              X