• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

India based agencies ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

India based agencies ?

Is there anyone here who does anything other than hang up when an agent phones on a blatant trawling mission who clearly is from the Indian subcontinent and has the barest grasp of English ?

I'm talking Silverlink and various others, but tell me, where on Earth do they get any business from ?

Excuse the vent but they are such an absolute waste of time...

Boo

Originally posted by Boo View Post
    Is there anyone here who does anything other than hang up when an agent phones on a blatant trawling mission who clearly is from the Indian subcontinent and has the barest grasp of English ?

I'm talking Silverlink and various others, but tell me, where on Earth do they get any business from ?

Boo
    They'll have Bob Showaddiwaddi helping them out over here who may have worked with his cousin at some point and is therefore obliged to do the needful.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I foolishly went for a interview once when I was contacted by some Indian agency. I was a perm at the time elsewhere and bored so i asked for a mahoosively salary on the phone and they said it might be goer lets meet and discuss. I went to client site and to reception for interview to be told no one of the interviewers name worked there. Alarm bells!

I called my contact who said he wasnt coming but someone else was. I waited about 20 mins outside the building when this bloke turned in non work attire and suggested he interviewed me in a cafe. I said no I am leaving and caught the tube home. He decided to follow me to a pub in Richmond and then interview me.

He could barely speak the Queens English and it was embarrassing and thoroughly unprofessional and after i made him buy me a few pints i just left as it was a farce. 3 months later some numpty from India called and they asked to see me again i told them to foxtrot oscar..

Bit long and boring, not sure why i feel the need to share but hey ho

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post

Boo
        Bottom of the pile roles, low margin, low rate, I can't believe that in this country we're even outsourcing 'effin recruitment to the Bobs (when we have plenty of ex Carphone Warehouse wide boys and former Boots Beauty counter lasses lining up to become pimps). Needless to say I refuse to deal with them!
        Last edited by SlipTheJab; 3 March 2016, 12:50.

Comment

There was a period I was called a lot by these agencies, maybe 2 -3 years ago, sometimes 3 different agents from the same agency calling about the same role within 1 or 2 days.(+ loads of emails)
          Once I started saying to them at the start of a call I don't deal with Indian agencies it stopped quite quickly

Comment

I believe the agency used by Boots outsource to India.

Comment

I had one of these agencies toting a role in Stockholm with all the proper Unix virtualisation skills under the sun, i.e. PowerVM, LDOMS and HPvM and not Linux for 300€ a day, I asked for £850 knowing Sweden as I do, never heard. Pity the poor sucker who did....

Comment

is there anybody that ever signed a contract with silvewink or similar?

I get calls from them, find them pointless either because offered contracts do not fit my profile or because there is anyway something too weird/wrong in the offer.

What is their goal calling me?

- Fishing nice CVs? I was called more than once by the same agency.
                - Fishing client names? If they have my phone it means they already have my CV. There is no more info I will give out anyway.
                -Surveying market/rates? My feedback is "not so useful" and yet I get several calls from the same agancy
                Agency: what is your rate?
                Gixxer: 800 (put random top rate).
                Agency: hmmm our clients wants to pay only 400
                Gixxer: ok, 400 is also good

Whatever they do they are part of a business and somebody must be willing to pay them.
                Do these Agencies sell contacts to "their" agents? rent desks to wannabe headhunters? other?

Comment

Silverlink = bunch of time wasters

If I remember correctly aren't they the ones who try and get you to sign some sort of contract even before interview?
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Silverlink = bunch of time wasters

If I remember correctly aren't they the ones who try and get you to sign some sort of contract even before interview?
                    Between JSA or an Indian agency, what would you choose?

Comment

Working...
                    X