• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "India based agencies ?"

Collapse

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    I imagine the play goes like this: Job advertised, no one suitable, skills shortage = visa for Bob please Mr Cameron...
    Except only the end client can sponsor a T2, the agent wouldn't be interested in that.

Leave a comment:

• wogewwabbit
    replied
    Once I picked up the phone to these guys, even though I said I wasn't interested they kept on calling me (every 30 minutes). It's like they were in a call center of some sort, probably representing multiple agencies at the same time, and they don't event talk to each other. So the solution is this:
    - Block their number
    - Mark their email as spam so that you won't see them anymore

There is a quite recognisable pattern in these emails, they always ask for your name, your phone number, and your visa status. Sometimes I notice the same pattern in emails that appear to come from the UK. Then I do some analysis on spamcop, and it sometimes turns out that the sender IP is in india. So they are trying to get sneaky, but apparently not sneaky enough

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by dogzilla View Post
    They seem to be aiming for low hanging fruit. I've had lots of calls and the rates are always far below market that it's laughable.
    I imagine the play goes like this: Job advertised, no one suitable, skills shortage = visa for Bob please Mr Cameron...

Leave a comment:

• dogzilla
    replied
    They seem to be aiming for low hanging fruit. I've had lots of calls and the rates are always far below market that it's laughable.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by Mister Clark View Post
    Honestly, it made me laugh and you know it would be pointless.

I have a pretty thick London accent also, I'm pretty sure he had no idea what I was saying!
    Haha yeah maybe Barry (the think indian accented ones are always called Barry) thought his offer of a senior London role at £75 per day would be a nice Xmas present for you

Leave a comment:

• Mister Clark
    replied
    Did you rip him a new one?, Xmas day FFS!
    Honestly, it made me laugh and you know it would be pointless.

I have a pretty thick London accent also, I'm pretty sure he had no idea what I was saying!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    They've called me up at 7am on a bank holiday. However Xmas day is a new one.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by Mister Clark View Post
    Got a phone call from SilverLink 4-5 years ago on Xmas day.

Didn't recognise the number but assumed it must be an emergency so answered the call. Fella asked if I was interested in a performance test role based in Newcastle for 75 p/d.

Firmly put that bunch in the absolute waste of time bucket!

Leave a comment:

• Mister Clark
    replied
    Originally posted by Boo View Post
    Is there anyone here who does anything other than hang up when an agent phones on a blatant trawling mission who clearly is from the Indian subcontinent and has the barest grasp of English ?

I'm talking Silverlink and various others, but tell me, where on Earth do they get any business from ?

Excuse the vent but they are such an absolute waste of time...

Boo
    Got a phone call from SilverLink 4-5 years ago on Xmas day.

Didn't recognise the number but assumed it must be an emergency so answered the call. Fella asked if I was interested in a performance test role based in Newcastle for 75 p/d.

Firmly put that bunch in the absolute waste of time bucket!

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    no you may have to stack shelves in poundland as "work experience"
    Well how else do you expect them to keep selling crap tat and undersize confectionary for a quid!

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    Originally posted by Boo View Post
    +1. Also you only have to deal with them once a fortnight

Boo
    no you may have to stack shelves in poundland as "work experience"

Leave a comment:

• Boo
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    JSA as I know the government is good for the money.
    +1. Also you only have to deal with them once a fortnight

Boo

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Between JSA or an Indian agency, what would you choose?
    JSA as I know the government is good for the money.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Silverlink = bunch of time wasters

If I remember correctly aren't they the ones who try and get you to sign some sort of contract even before interview?
    Between JSA or an Indian agency, what would you choose?

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Silverlink = bunch of time wasters

If I remember correctly aren't they the ones who try and get you to sign some sort of contract even before interview?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X