• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

India based agencies ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogzilla View Post
    They seem to be aiming for low hanging fruit. I've had lots of calls and the rates are always far below market that it's laughable.
    I imagine the play goes like this: Job advertised, no one suitable, skills shortage = visa for Bob please Mr Cameron...

Comment

Once I picked up the phone to these guys, even though I said I wasn't interested they kept on calling me (every 30 minutes). It's like they were in a call center of some sort, probably representing multiple agencies at the same time, and they don't event talk to each other. So the solution is this:
      - Block their number
      - Mark their email as spam so that you won't see them anymore

There is a quite recognisable pattern in these emails, they always ask for your name, your phone number, and your visa status. Sometimes I notice the same pattern in emails that appear to come from the UK. Then I do some analysis on spamcop, and it sometimes turns out that the sender IP is in india. So they are trying to get sneaky, but apparently not sneaky enough

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
        I imagine the play goes like this: Job advertised, no one suitable, skills shortage = visa for Bob please Mr Cameron...
        Except only the end client can sponsor a T2, the agent wouldn't be interested in that.

Comment

Working...
        X