• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I have been honest about my conviction?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Or for key posts in defence or the nuclear industry? It's also not up to the boss, it will be down to HR policy... That is really poor advice.
    I don't see how it's poor advice to be fair man, you're up for security clearance check and you know 100% that spents don't apply, ergo you need to declare, where's the ambiguity because I don't see any?

Comment

If you fail SC and your boss gets nosey just tell him you had a Chinese girlfriend but she's gone to the US to study and you're still in touch with her.

No need to tell him about your "Class A" experience
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

If you are obliged by your contract to tell them and dont you can be charged under section 2 of the fraud act IIRC and will be to the value of salary you have accrued from the moment of conviction which can become a hefty lump.

suggest you get yourself over to unlocks disclosure calculator

Unlock Criminal Record Disclosure Calculator

Then check to see if it will be filtered

http://hub.unlock.org.uk/wp-content/...by-the-DBS.pdf
        Last edited by Boney M; 2 March 2016, 22:32.

Comment

You mention that you were fined as punishment was this done at the police station or did you have to attended court. As far as I know the police station fine is a caution and not a conviction.
          Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Sounds like experience talking there.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
              You mention that you were fined as punishment was this done at the police station or did you have to attended court. As far as I know the police station fine is a caution and not a conviction.
              Great call..

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                Erm.. He clearly states...

I was convicted of possession of a class A drug where I was given a fine.
                Not such a great call........

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Erm.. He clearly states...

Not such a great call........
                  It is a great call, he is checking the full facts from the chap, you pompous cantankerous fart.

Comment

Originally posted by OnceStonedRose View Post
                    It is a great call, he is checking the full facts from the chap, you pompous cantankerous fart.

Comment

Originally posted by OnceStonedRose View Post
                      Maybe reading the third line of the original post will help in that process you bed-wetting fawning lickspittle.

Comment

Working...
                      X